iPhone 5c Verizon Messages Errors
meap10
Enthusiast - Level 3

recently installed the Verizon Messages app on my iPhone. It sent me a text to set it up, but then failed to do anything else. I cannot send messages in the app, or even do anything.

I also have Prepaid, but have used this app before on Prepaid.

I also have a working internet connection, even though it says I do not.

Thanks for the Help!

Following1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5c Verizon Messages Errors
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon Messages is an awesome way to have all of your messages in one place. Let's partner together and get your Messages working again. What iOS do you have installed on your iPhone 5c? When did the issue start? How much available device memory do you have left?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
meap10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I have the latest version of iOS, 9.2.1. The issues started as soon as I downloaded the app and attempted to set it up. I have 9.1 GB available on my device. (Out of 16 GB)

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to read that you have the latest iOS update meap10. That's also more than enough memory needed. For advanced assistance, we suggest reaching out to out prepaid dept at 888-294-6804 from another number other than your iPhone 5c.

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
meap10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I will. Is prepaid supported for Verizon Messages?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I very much appreciate your inquiry! Prepaid support for Verizon Messages is not currently available.
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
meap10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before a update to Verizon Messages, I could use my prepaid number with Verizon Messages. But now I cannot. Is there any time frame in which that Verizon Messages that could make it available?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meap10,

We definitely want you to be able to take advantage of all your service features including Verizon Messages. Verizon Messages would be available for Prepaid devices. We would recommend reaching out to our Prepaid representatives to ensure your line has the necessary features. Our Prepaid support can be reached by calling 1-888-294-6804 or by visiting a local store http://vz.to/1wpW9Pz.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
meap10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

When I called, the representative did not know how to solve this issue. They said that it is enabled in my account, but they don't know why the app isn't working on my phone. There was an update about a year ago that stopped my phone from using the Verizon messages app. Before that update, it worked great! But now it simply tells me: "Sorry, Integrated Messaging service is only available for Verizon Wireless numbers. But I do have a Verizon number.

0 Likes