iPhone 5c and mini ipad
Rhodajayne

If I buy a mini iPad from Walmart is there a way to share my data with it instead of using my iPhone as a hotspot? I wondered if it had to be a certain type of iPad. I want to share data and not purchase another plan.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5c and mini ipad
Weth
Legend

If you do not specifically look for a Verizon capable iPad, you will get a wifi only version that does require the hotspot.

Your  best bet is to order from Verizon or Apple to get a Verizon iPad mini. You can share the data in your account for a $10/month access charge.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rhodajayne,

That's a great question! I'm glad that you checked with us before purchasing a new tablet. You'd need a 4g LTE capable tablet. It's possible that Walmart is offering Verizon tablets, but you may see mostly WiFI only tablets which would not connect directly to our network. I'd suggest checking out our current tablet offers here; vzw.com/tablets

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you do not specifically look for a Verizon capable iPad, you will get a wifi only version that does require the hotspot.

Your  best bet is to order from Verizon or Apple to get a Verizon iPad mini. You can share the data in your account for a $10/month access charge.

0 Likes