Re: iPhone 5c problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see banns, just double checking! Has there been any changes to the device such as new apps, software updates, etc. since this issue started?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, there hasn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Banns,

You've been incredibly patient with us while we try to help resolve this issue with you. Thank you. Is the clock consistently off by the same amount of time or does it fluctuate? If you make a call or send a text does the time correct itself?

As for the bluetooth issue, I know you said it won't turn on, but I'm wondering if the switch will turn on for just a second and then bounce back to the off position or if it's completely unresponsive.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

The time fluctuates. It's currently 3 hours behind. It will also randomly go back to the correct time for a short while. It will also show the same time for several minutes (5-10).  Calls and texts show the time of the phone at the time and time does not correct itself during calls or texts.

Most of the time, the bluetooth switch is not there, it just is just scrolling endlessly. Sometimes the switch is on but bluetooth is still not connecting to any device (the bluetooth symbol is lit up in the control center too). There is no bluetooth sign at the top of the phone next to the battery symbol. Sometimes it flashes briefly as if trying to connect. Sometimes it's there but dimmed out and not responding to anything.

Thank you for trying to help!

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to add...it's 12:28 EST and the phone is fluctuating between 8:08-8:15. It is also not sending any imessages, only SMS texts and not accepting or receiving Facetime calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, banns. Are you close to a different time zone? Does anyone else with Verizon Wireless have the same type of issues? Also I read that you stated you did a restore through iTunes. When you did this did you load everything back into the phone? Or did you run it without anything on it for awhile?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I put apps back on the phone after the restore. I am in DC so not really near another time zone. Noone I know is having any issues so it seems to be something wrong with my phone or maybe an iOS problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the confirmation, banns. It's pretty rare, but Apple confirmed there's been a few others reporting similar issues. Most can resolve the time trouble by going into the Date & Time Settings and switch Set Automatically on if it's not already. By chance, does the time change when you're near a Network Extender? You can tell by placing a call to #48 to see if you're registered on an extender. Please also try going to Settings>Reset>Reset Network Settings (won't actually erase contacts ot other information from your phone) to see if the time is corrected. If the troubles continue, please let us know if there's any physical damage (pieces missing, dents, cracks, etc) since you mentioned the phone has been dropped a few times.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the time set automatically didn't work and I'm not on a network extender. Resetting the network also does not solve any of the problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, banns. We appreciate all of the troubleshooting steps you have taken, and I can see you've been through a lot with this device. Since the problems are persisting after checking the settings, and completing resets of both the network and device, the next step would be to get a new phone. While your 1yr warranty has expired, you may still have a few options. We do occasionally run deals on our products, so it's possible you may have the opportunity to upgrade sooner than your upgrade date. Alternatively, you could purchase a Certified Pre Owned device to replace your current phone.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes