iPhone 5c through assurion drops wifi
rym

I made a foolish decision and decided instead of fixing my screen to make a claim through the insurance offered through Verizon

Unfortunately now my iPhone fails to stay logged into my home wifi or shows not a good connection then none and goes to 3 g or let settings.  When going back to sign in to wifi where there should be my wifi and about 10 other choice it finds none

I did all suggested fixes on the apple site from 2014 and nothing worked.  The only thing that worked was switching over to the 5 g  wifi.  It now has full signal.  Why is this happening?  Why are other apple products etc working well on other setting?  How do I fix this?  Does this need to be fixed?  I do t think it is fair that I must turn my cellular off to prevent an overage.  Kinda defeats the purpose of this phone. Suggestions please,  only had this phone on since Friday

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5c through assurion drops wifi
rodyonce
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to think that it's a defect in the phone. I have issued a claim like that through another carrier (Sprint with the Epic 4G) and it wouldn't connect to wifi, and 4G WiMaxx antenna wasn't working. I had to take it to the sprint store. Have you tried going into the actual store?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important is to have your wifi connection active rym. I'm sure its very frustrating to have overages but we are here to help resolve your issues. Does your phone have the latest software verision? Have you tried resetting your network settings http://vz.to/1HMoy5p ? Keep us posted and let us know if the above steps helpd.

KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rym

the phone is up to date as far as software and I reset my net work settings only works in the 5g setting

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

5G?   Do you mean only 5 ghz wifi ?

you should immediately report the replacement is defective and get another one.