iPhone 5s - IOS 8.2
MJMckitrick3

History:  I began having issues/dropping calls on an iPhone 5 after the initial IOS update when the iPhone 6 was released.

About 5 to 15 minutes into a call, a single word will repeat/echo for a few seconds, the phone then loses signal and shows searching which causes the call to drop.

I have changed phones from the iPhone 5 to an iPhone 5s by backing up and reinstalling to the new phone through iTunes.  (I assume this kept all setting the same and is the cause of the continued problems)  I have also had Verizon change the SIM Card, and reset Network Settings thinking this would correct the problem.

Three trips into the Verizon store and no solution.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s - IOS 8.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MJMckitrick3, Dropped calls are never a good thing! Let's work together on resolving this. Can you please confirm the software version currently loaded in your iPhone 5s? Does this issue happen everywhere that you use the phone? Where are you physically located (zip)? Please share details so we can help. 
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
MJMckitrick3

iOS 8.2

This is happening in multiple states including IN, MI, KY, IL, TN and NY.

My guess is that it is when I am on a call and a piece of Data is processed.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
MJMckitrick3

I have provided you with the answer to your questions, no response?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MJMckitrick3. My apologies for the delay! This is quite unique and we would definitely like to look into this. Does this happen on every call that is over 5-15 minutes? I would recommend marking the calls that you experience the echo on so we can review the details of the call to ensure there is no network interference. You can mark at least 5 calls by dialing ### (send) immediately after you experience the echo; then contact our Technical Support team at 800-922-0204 so we can investigate this further.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Bugone

Not really a unique issue...  But probably a defect with apple software. When my fiancé and I first got two 5s phones we had these issues nonstop to the point of almost canceling. The issue seems to have resurfaced with the iOS 8.3 update and to be honest it's maddening. I almost never get full 4g signal and I live in Denver! Half the time I'm stuck on 1x Call drops are routine and data is slow. Really regret getting this phone but because we've been in contract getting a good deal on a more reliable phone is out of the question. I ordered a signal booster so it will work in my car at least. Hopefully it helps. Zip codes if they even help are 80209, 80015, 80401, 80013 and multiple other cities and areas I don't have that info for.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Take it to the Apple Store, make appointment ahead of time.  This is not a common problem. 

0 Likes