iPhone 5s Voicemail Message Indicator not working
jetty84

How to I get the voicemail message indicator to work for my iPhone 5s? I am not getting a notification when I get a voicemail.

In addition, when I open the phone app and select the Voicemail icon, it goes directly to voicemail, and requests my password.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5s Voicemail Message Indicator not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha Jetty84. Let's get to the bottom of your voicemail concerns. Have you reached out to our Customer Service Team to ensure your message waiting indicator is active on your account? I understand you are able to access your voicemail successfully. Please also ensure your message waiting indicator is set to on in your voicemail box. To check this access your voicemail, then select personal options. Once you are in personal options select Notifications and ensure they are turned ON. Pelase keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jetty84,

We definitely want to make sure that you are receiving the proper alerts on your device and are here to help. How long has your device not been providing the notification or have you ever seen the notification on the device? Any recent changes to the device or software since this started? Also, when calling voicemail(*86) you can use this guide to ensure the notifications are enabled http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-voice-mail/. Click on the "voice mail instructions" link to view the map.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jetty84

I just purchased this iPhone 5s from Verizon. This iPhone 5s replaced the iPhone 4s on my account, and the voicemail notification did not work on that iPhone either.  I've tried resetting the voicemail password. Still doesn't work.  When I call *86, I select 'Personal Options', and I am not given the option for 'Message waiting indicator on/off'.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jetty84,

That's definitely not the experience you should be having! When you go to the voicemail option under "call" you should be taken to set up visual voicemail. Let's make sure we solve this. When you go to set up the voicemail, is cellular data on? http://vz.to/1865XDx Can we try resetting the network settings? http://vz.to/14IQuat

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
jetty84

The cellular data was (and is) on.  I tried resetting network settings.  Voicemail notification is still not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jetty84,

Thank you so much for trying those steps for us as it will help with getting some answers. Does voicemail show up in the notifications settings on your device at all?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
jetty84

when I open the phone app and select the Voicemail icon, it goes directly to voicemail, and requests my password.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha Jetty84. Let's get to the bottom of your voicemail concerns. Have you reached out to our Customer Service Team to ensure your message waiting indicator is active on your account? I understand you are able to access your voicemail successfully. Please also ensure your message waiting indicator is set to on in your voicemail box. To check this access your voicemail, then select personal options. Once you are in personal options select Notifications and ensure they are turned ON. Pelase keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes