iPhone 5s not able to send picture texts to non-iPhone users
jrich686

Recently my iPhone 5s has not been able to send picture texts to non-iPhone users. I also have noticed that I sometimes do not receive texts when included on group texts with iPhone and non-iPhone users. I updated my software to iOS 8.1.2, I checked that my "Send and Receive" option is turned on, I checked that my cellular data was on, I reset my network settings, I cleared my website history and data and deleted old texts. I am still having the same issues and am not sure what else to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s not able to send picture texts to non-iPhone users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here for you jrich686! Let's hher youe picture texts working properly. May I ask what model device are you sending the pictures to? For example, is it an email address, a flip phone, an android smartphone, etc. Also, are you able to send a receive texts without any issues? Please share the details along with any error message, if any, then we can look into this for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jrich686

Typically, I am sending picture texts to a Samsung s5 or an Andriod phone. Usually I do not have issues sending or receiving texts, but sometimes I do not receive texts. When I try to send a picture it says "Not Delivered" in red with an exclamation point. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your help!

Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jessica,  Thank for reaching out to use, we want to make sure you can use all the features on your iPhone.  You should be able to send text messages to any phone. How long has this been happening for? Does it happen in a particular location?  Provide us with some more detail to get this fixed right away. -Yareli

0 Likes
jrich686

Hi Yareli,

It has been happening for about a month now and happens regardless of my location.

Thanks.

Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information jrich686! I know that you are trying to send the messages to non iPhone users but do you have iMessage turned on? What I would like to have you do is try turning iMessage off and then try sending the message to see if iMessage is some how causing a problem with sending the message. We have seen this happen before and want to make sure we are checking all options for you. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
jrich686

Hi Candice,

Yes I turned iMessage off and still had the same problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that Jessica! Is this happening with multiple numbers? Have you tried deleting all old messages? Are you able to send the picture to a 10 digit number?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
jrich686

Hi Joe,

Yes I've deleted all old messages that I had prior to the date this problem started. It is only with text messages of non-iPhone users that I have this issue with. I still can send picture messages via iMessage however. All of my contacts are 10-digit numbers and I have sent them picture messages in the past.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks jrich686!

Are you able to receive picture messages from non iPhone devices? If you disable WiFi, are you able to access the internet?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes