iPhone 5s reception issues
svtcobraltd

About a year ago I upgraded my iPhone 4s to a 5s. Before the 5s I have had no issues and have no service issues with my iPad on Verizon LTE. However my phone constantly looses reception including saying 1x while my iPad right next to it has 3 bars on LTE. I continually have to toggle the phone in and out of airplane mode to get LTE back but even still its only 1 bar. After a little, it goes to 3g and remains there or drops to 1x.

I have reset my network settings, remove rim case, etc. nothing has helped and it seems to be getting worse.

Can anyone help? My gf has ATT and has no issues. My daughter has sprint and no issues. It is inly my iPhone that sucks for reception.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s reception issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Svtcobraltd, I want to make sure you are having no issues with you iPhone! I want you to have stellar service on it. Thank you so much for all the steps you have complete already. Were you able to power off the cell phone and then remove the sim card for a good 30 seconds. Then place the sim card back into the phone and re-test the network? How long ago did you get the iPhone 5s? Also, is the software up to date on the phone (Settings, General, Software Update)? If not, please complete the software update then check the network out.

Please keep us posted. Looking forward to getting this taken care of for you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
svtcobraltd

Did that step and it came back on with 1 bar and LTE. After a phone call, it is back at 3g with 1 bar. Again, the iPad has LTE and 3 bars. Plus while logging in to this site, it said network connect error. That there is no network.

0 Likes
svtcobraltd

Software is up-to-date and the phone is beyond a year old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying these steps for us, svtcobraltd. Let's check another setting in the device. Can you please go into Settings, Cellular, and please make sure that Enable LTE is turned on. If it's already on, please turn the switch off and back on again, then re-test. Please keep me posted on the out come of testing these settings.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
svtcobraltd

LTE is on. I have tried that previously many of times. As I stated, I have to toggle the airplane mode button multiple times a day to get data to load. I had to do it just to read the email from the site. Even in 3g it never showed the content of the email after 40 seconds. I then connected to WiFi and it loaded.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svtcobraltd, thank you so much for tring these steps for us. I want to make sure that we find the LTE service for your iPhone. The next suggestion I would recommed is to take y our device into a local Verizon Wireless corporate store and get the sim card replaced for free. You can always find the local corporate store location here: http://spr.ly/6589BDFHX
KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svtcobraltd We appreicate you trying those steps. You mentioned the device is a year old, however, if you have Total Mobile Protection, there's extended warranty. Check to see if you have it here: http://bit.ly/07CrqPK

is there any physical or moisture damage on the device?

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes