iPhone 5s
Stick_Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will not let me change my voice mail greeting. Cellular is on. I have also called my phone and just get busy signal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5s
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An iPhone to iPhone switch shouldn't have affected the voicemail since they all use the same Apple servers. I was thinking about you switching from an Android to iPhone and issues with voicemail that way.

Either way, you should verify the voicemail is setup properly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look into these issues.  When you get the busy signal, are you calling from your own phone or from another one?

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Stick_Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, I am calling from my own phone, which in the past would direct me straight into the voicemail. Now it is just a busy signal. The iphone  locks up in greetings. I cannot choose standard or personal voicemail message.  I press play and record, both of them do nothing. when someone calls the voice message says the person you are trying to call is currently unavailable please try again later.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can help with this.  It looks like we will need to access your account to help with this.  It would be best to send us a Private Message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/verizon or you can follow us and send a DM to us on Twitter, @vzwsupport.

NoahS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Stick_Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Noah,  please tell me why I need to do this in order for you to access my account.  you are Verizon. I don't understand, sorry. And I also believe, this is not an account issue, it is a phone I believe issue.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the description of what the other callers hear, I'm not sure if your voicemail was setup for the iPhone voicemail system. Did you recently switch from another phone to an iPhone? Since the iPhone voicemail is through the Apple servers instead of Verizon, you have to setup the voicemail again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Stick_Jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Ann154, I did switch from an iPhone 5s to a new iPhone 5s and then back to the old iPhone 5s.  how do I set up the iPhone voicemail for Apple?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stick_Jones ask & you shall recieve. No matter the iPhone you have, you can find the instructions on how to set up your voicemail for it right here http://spr.ly/6583BYKQf So you can save this link as a favorite for any future iPhone models you may get after the 5s
BryanSS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An iPhone to iPhone switch shouldn't have affected the voicemail since they all use the same Apple servers. I was thinking about you switching from an Android to iPhone and issues with voicemail that way.

Either way, you should verify the voicemail is setup properly.

0 Likes