Re: iPhone 6 Dropped Calls and Poor Service
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you're using an iP6 then you can try turning off Advanced Calling.  I was having issues with my iP6 dropping calls really bad...ditched Advanced Calling and I haven't had problems since.  If you haven't tried, you can go to Settings-Celluar-Enable LTE and select Data Only.  Maybe this is a place to start if you haven't already tried it...

0 Likes
TIJITISI

It's sad that we have to turn off LTE voice on the latest iPhone 6+ in order to hold calls without dropping them.  I've had this issue for the last month and yes I've troubleshot everything tech support has suggested:

-two new SIM cards

-Reset Network Settings

-Restart Phone

-Checkk all of the Cellular settings

Wouldn't it be nice if VZW employees would acknowledge the problem rather than acting like this was the first time they'd EVER heard this complaint?!  This is my first time on this forum but clearly I'm not the only one....and I too, am in the middle of a strong 43221 network area.  I've dropped 15 calls alone in the last week and I have dropped 15 calls in 15 years with Verizon!!!   @VZWSupport @CBusGolfers 

0 Likes
Maddydarican

I hope I don't experience the same issue.  I just switched from ATT thinking i'd have better service.  Two days in and have been experiencing dropped calls in my area even though my area is on the map.  I just got the iPhone 6 but my parents who are under my plan have poor signal as well and they live in a different town. I'm not paying for an extender. Got mine free from ATT I may need to go back!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maddydarican, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Are you having issues with your service indoors, outdoors, or both? How's service when you leave this area?

Wireless signal can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that your home was built with. As a result, no wireless carrier can guarantee services in your home. The network extender will boost signal into your residence. For more information regarding this device, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TIJITISI
0 Likes
Waynex2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm joining the discussion late...I've had a iPhone 6 plus for months, but "service" appears to have declined only within the past couple of weeks. Example: Yesterday, clicked some app requiring internet connection, only to get message saying I needed Wi-Fi connection. "LTE" was enabled, but didn't actually activate (?). A mile or so farther down the road, LTE kicked in...I was in between zip codes  35040/35115, Alabama Hwy 25.

In addition, I've just noticed areas where the "signal" was normally strong, is now glitchy..."Can you hear me now?" isn't quite like it was... }:-}

My concern is whether or not, some "bean-counting-executive" with Verizon decided to save a few bucks by "turning down the wattage"...I saw a "decline in signal strength" take place after Sprint bought Nextel.  😕

0 Likes
Waynex2
Enthusiast - Level 2

After thought: I'm sure no one with Verizon would fess up to reducing the wattage.

0 Likes
Maddydarican

Thanks but im not willing to spend over $200 for additional coverage when verizon claims to have the best.   I may  need to switch back to att where a free cell tower was provided.  Our phones were recently ported and even my parents whom had full bars with att are down to 1 and calls are very choppy. i am just waiting to see what tech support comes up with.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maddydarican, sorry for the wait. We hope that you reconsider your decision to leave and allow us to continue as your wireless provider. A trouble ticket submitted for your area will determine if this is an indoor isolated issue or confirm if there is a network issue in your area.

You mentioned that your previous carrier offered you a network extender. Is that correct? Did you have issues with reception with your previous carrier, as well?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shoileygal

Here's an article that pretty well spells it out.   My iPhone 6 reception is just whacky....I will stand in the same spot and if I toggle in and out of airplane mode, it will go to 5 bars, then down to 2.  The  2 bars of reception will then be more a less constant no matter where I go...in my car, in or out of my house.  Also, my phone will say it's going in and out of LTE like crazy.  Even to EXT or 1X when I am remaining motionless in my living room.  (I live in a major subdivision outside Atlanta).   Why all the fluctuation?

Went to the Verizon store, phone reset, network reset, customer service field service tests, diagnostics.  It's all a big rigamarole because Verizon HAS to know that the LTE technology just does NOT work with the operating system on the iPhone 6 yet.  That's it in a nutshell.   And you know what?  I'm willing to deal with going back to making calls in 3G until the bugs are worked out...but how long is that going to take?    And why doesn't Verizon  institute a protocol for the customers who are pulling their hair out over this?  It appears that just having the LTE option on the iPhone 6 makes the 3G not as reliable as it was on the iPhone 5 as well.  A very strange phenomena and I wish there was a way to follow some criteria for returning these non-functioning phones since the Verizon cannot presently provide a way to dovetail their technology with the new iPhone.

http://jimmymacsupport.com/iphone-tip-enable-lte-voice-for-freakishly-clear-calls-on-iphone-6/

0 Likes