iPhone 6 Poor battery performance
Nsandmeyer

Ever since I updated my software to 9.3.1 I have been experiencing erratic battery performance. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or if it is caused by the software. My phone randomly shuts down with anywhere from 30-80% battery life and will not turn back on till the phone is plugged in. Is this something I can get fixed at a Verizon store or do I need to contact Apple?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Poor battery performance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nsandmeyer, I’m here to help make sure your phone and battery are performing the way they should be. I can definitely assist in troubleshooting this issue. How long have you been having these battery problems? Is there something specific you’re doing on your phone or an application running when the phone shuts down? How long does your battery typically last compared to how it used to be?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Nsandmeyer

It seems to have started a short time after my last software update to 9.3.1, approximately a week and a half ago. There is no particular application that is running when the phone shuts down, it has done it while answering a phone call, sending text messages, using apps, and even just sitting there. The battery life will typically show any where from 30-80% and the phone will just shut down. When you try to turn it back on, it gives you the image of a dead battery and the charge cord indicating that the phone needs to be plugged in. The phone will not turn back on until after it is plugged in. Once the phone restarts, it usually shows approximately the same battery life it had before shutting down.

0 Likes
Nsandmeyer

The battery will only last approximately 3-4 hours, regardless of use before shutting down while showing plenty of battery left, whereas it would go almost all day long with light use before it started acting up

0 Likes
ahess

I am having the same issue, did you ever recieve an answer on this?

0 Likes
Nsandmeyer

Never heard back from Verizon, so I took it by the local Apple Store. They ran diagnostics on it and determined that the battery was only at a 65% useable state. Therefore the phone didn't know what the actual charge of the battery was. just had the battery replaced so, we'll see how it goes.

0 Likes