iPhone 6 and 6 plus calls goes to voice mail
robinlsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

First when setting them up, caller received message that said no mail box was set up.  Set up mailbox and now callers just go to mail box.  It doesn't matter if they are on our wireless network or out and about.  I can't get through but they can get through to me.  This has been like this for months.  Finally frustrated enough to look for a solution.  iPhone 6 was an upgrade from a Motorola RAZR and the 6 Plus was from a Verizon home phone.  Either way nether works.  You would think this would just work like my Samsung Galaxy 4 did, but it appears some setting or something on Apple phones have to be set or avtivated.  I see this conversation from as far back as 2011 but no solution post for view as the conversations seem to drop off.  I also set the Do Not Disturb feature to allow calls from everyone since it defaulted to favorites. There certainly has to be a cure or no one would be using these phones, however, it is shocking the steps to solve this problem isn't in the notes that come with the activation steps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 and 6 plus calls goes to voice mail
robinlsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

SaraSmith050914 I went into the Verizon store today and when they tested both my sons phones, they both worked fine. With this said, I believe the Do Not Disturb feature is what actually worked. So here are the steps of what I did:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204321

Under "Do Not Disturb", I changed "Allow Calls From" from "Favorites" to "Everyone"

Turned "Repeated Calls" to "Off"

Power off and powered back on.

Unfortunately this is all I did. Even though I called after I did this and it still went to voice mail, it is working now so perhaps it needs time to reset (no it doesn't make any sense) but give it a try and wait. Either that Verizon saw my conversation and was able to doing something behind the scenes (no it doesn't make any sense) but there you go.

Best,

Robin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets dig deeper to get to the bottom of this. Do you have any trouble placing calls from either phone?Is this the same callers going to voicemail each time or is it more so dependant on time of day or physical location?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

robinlsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem calling out and does not matter what time of day the call comes in.  This is even for us the parents calling them on the same family plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robinish,

We are not giving up. Let's look deeper. What symbols do you see on top of the phone? Can you receive text message and picture messages?

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
robinlsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have texting capability is blocked on these phones.  What else can we try.  I believe this forum is going nowhere.  I will call tomorrow hopefully I will get some free time since this seems like something that has never been heard of by Verizon.  I was expecting a list of things to try based on your knowledge base (KB) over the years but it doesn't appear a KB has ever been created.  Seem to just be winging it with questions that don't seem to make much sense in solving the problem.  If when I call, they give me a solution, I will post it here to share the knowledge.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not giving up robinIsh. I am confident we will find a solution for you. What zip code are you located in? Since the calls go straight to voicemail, do you know is call forwarding was set up? Try dialing *73 send and retest. 

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SaraSmith050914

Following this because my iPhone 6 is doing the same thing, I can make calls, but cannot receive them. Callers go straight to voicemail.

0 Likes
robinlsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

SaraSmith050914 I went into the Verizon store today and when they tested both my sons phones, they both worked fine. With this said, I believe the Do Not Disturb feature is what actually worked. So here are the steps of what I did:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204321

Under "Do Not Disturb", I changed "Allow Calls From" from "Favorites" to "Everyone"

Turned "Repeated Calls" to "Off"

Power off and powered back on.

Unfortunately this is all I did. Even though I called after I did this and it still went to voice mail, it is working now so perhaps it needs time to reset (no it doesn't make any sense) but give it a try and wait. Either that Verizon saw my conversation and was able to doing something behind the scenes (no it doesn't make any sense) but there you go.

Best,

Robin

0 Likes
robinlsh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked my son's phone and it appears I also turned the Do Not Disturb to turn Manual off.

Best

0 Likes
SaraSmith050914

Thanks for replying, I tried that. 😕 And I tried dialing *73 a million times.. I don't know what else it could be.. I recently transferred from Virgin Mobile, so hopefully its just a porting thing? But Idk why I'd be able to make calls and receive texts and such.. 😕 All of my incoming calls go DIRECTLY to voicemail.. without me knowing.

0 Likes