iPhone 6 being controlled remotely
tnterry15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone experienced their phone ever being "taken over" remotely?  On occasion, my phone will begin to randomly open apps...including mail.   There don't seem to be any common denominators such as location, time of day, destination within the apps, etc.?  It's a little spooky!

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 6 being controlled remotely
MindsEye

Yes, I had some issues with texts; out of nowhere, text I'd written was erased one letter at a time, letters I didn't type in were showing-up. I just changed every password I had. I may have changed some "preferences" - not sure, since I had already opted for all that gave more privacy.  Tech support was not aware of any issues afflicting iPhone 6.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there any sort of dirt on the screen which might be causing issues, perhaps an overabundance of oils? Just curious. Additionally, any mobile device management software used by corporations installed? Anything under Settings > General > Device Management showing up?

Please make sure the phones are on iOS 9.2, since that version contains all of the latest security fixes. iOS 9 is a bit more aggressive at blocking apps that are sideloaded (aka not from the App Store) which could be prone to causing this problem.

tnterry15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you both for your replies.  I checked the things you wrote, but found no clues.  Hasn't happened in  several weeks and if it does, I'll follow-up with details.

0 Likes
HLWILDMAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

my iPhone 6s bid being remotely accessed and AccessData

0 Likes
GaKat86

Probably a long shot but I had the same thing happen on a work computer.  I had a wireless keyboard.  I would be typing and all of a sudden random letters would pop in or all of a sudden it would start backspacing out letters.  At first it looked like random letters and numbers being typed in.  It happened off and on for a couple of days.  I thought I had been hacked or had a virus.  I started trying to notice a pattern, I stopped and just watched, I then realized it was addresses, and #'s, peoples personal information.  At some point the address of the suite next door was typed in.  I googled them and it was a financial service firm.  What was happening was my receiver for my wireless keyboard was picking up someone in that suites wireless keyboard.  I had to go back to using a wired keyboard and mouse.  I was wondering if the same type of thing might be happening through Bluetooth or some other similar function; it might be picking up signals from other devices near you.  Just a thought, especially if not a known problem w your phone.

0 Likes