iPhone 6 hotspot will not connect. Blue line should come on at top of phone when on. VZ support cannot help. Has anyone else have an idea how to get working?
Bdavid1

Tried download of ios. Tried reset of phone.  Powered on off. called support they have no clue. has worked in the past but will not come on now. Been a problem for months.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 hotspot will not connect. Blue line should come on at top of phone when on. VZ support cannot help. Has anyone else have an idea how to get working?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bdavid1,

I use my hotspot daily, so I can certainly understand the inconvenience that this could cause. We definitely want to help get yours back working. How long has this been going on? Before it started were there any changes to the device such as new apps, app updates or software updates? You mentioned resetting the device. Was it reset and restored as new or from a previous backup? Are you aware if you are still subscribed to the mobile hotspot feature or that you would have a plan with it included? What happens when you turn the feature on? Do you receive any specific error messages?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 hotspot will not connect. Blue line should come on at top of phone when on. VZ support cannot help. Has anyone else have an idea how to get working?
Bdavid1

I don't use often so don't know when it stopped working. No changes to device. When I say reset I mean powered off.

Error message says "remote hotspot failure". Unable to start personal hotspot

I am subscribed for this service with my $300 a month plan. The feature does not turn on that is the problem. I move switch to the green on position. Click password. But it never seems turns on so a device can pick up signal. Blue line showing it should be on does not come on phone

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having all of a phone's features working is what we want to help with, Bdavid1. When that error message shows up, does the phone look like it's thinking about connecting, and then gives the error?

What we'd want to do next is reset network settings: http://vz.to/1UHM1hg . This will reconnect the phone to a mobile network so it can work as a hotspot once more.

Also, check out the "Setting up a personal Hotspot" section here: http://vz.to/1FVI6RN . It will show how to make sure you have the hotspot ability active on your account, as some plans require it as a feature before it can work.

RussellM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bdavid1

I have tried the two things suggested. Still does not turn on

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bdavid1,

Thanks for clearing up those two pieces of information. It sounds like we've tried quite a bit so far, but I'd like to dive a little bit deeper today. I've sent you a Private Message so we can gain additional details and insight into your device. I look forward to your response in PM.

TrevorC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes