iPhone 6 iOS 8.3 & 8.4 Slow to no data speeds in multiple locations
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck getting a fix. I have had the same problem and have spent countless hours (about 25 hours) of troubleshooting with VZ. Their final answer was sell me a network extender or let me out of my contract for another provider. Very terrible solutions if you ask me.

I have:

Reset network settings

Restored phone and tested before restoring the backup

Messed with data roaming and Voice and data LTE settings (per VZ)

Replaced SIM card

Returned device and got a new one

I live in Peoria AZ (85345) and work in Downtown Phoenix AZ (85004) Bad service both areas

Was in Denver CO for work with same issues.

I've spoken with about 6 tier one tech support with very little help, just basic steps ive done over and over.

Talked to maybe 3-4 tier 2 tech support and i swear it was pulling teeth to get them to send me a new device even after the last tier 2 said test for a day and call back if not better and well send a phone. Communication between employees is terrible and even worse with the customer.

I kept getting texts "were still working on your ticket please allow 24-48 hours for an update"

would get same text 2 days later. after that they send a text saying "were still working on the ticket well get back to you when its done."

10 days later I call like "where we at? they say, "your ticket was closed a week ago and they said it was a spotty coverage area"

That was extremely annoying because i gave them three address, in 3 cities, and 2 states yet they only look at one.

Calls seem a bit spotty

texts work

but playing video or loading pages are the worst. I seriously sit there for like 20 minutes trying to watch a 2 minute video (very frustrating)

Download speed tests are never over 2mbps. Usually they are in the range of 0.10 - 0.30 Mbps

These issues have been going on for close to 2 months now. I do think it either has something to do with iPhone 6 and/or 6+ OR Apple's 8.3+ software.

I have since upgraded to 8.4 with no resolution. It should be noted I used to get 20-45Mbps down.

Dont get me wrong I dont mind slow speeds here and there but unusable speeds are unacceptable. I also have a problem that Verizon isnt trying harder to replicate the issue and resolve it. They would rather lose me as a customer than deal with the issue. Based on this post and others I have seen on the VZ page I am not the only one with the issue nor just my state, It's nationwide. I dont believe I should be paying a full bill when my phone doesnt work the entire time im at work (no wifi). They offered me 15% off for a year.

I want VZ to recognize this is a problem and work on a resolution not just brush it off like nothing is happening. Especially since I have seen multiple posts from different cities with the same issue. how hard can it be to get an iPhone 6 or 6+ on 8.4 and replicate the issue?

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 6 iOS 8.3 & 8.4 Slow to no data speeds in multiple locations
Jamiek66
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just posted the exact same thing before seeing this thread.  I'm in Charlotte, NC and my phone is basically a paperweight now.  I can text, forget sending a picture, phone calls always drop and I can't download anything on the internet.  This is ridiculous for what I'm spending a month and it only just happened when I downloaded the 8.3 and 8.4 software updates.

0 Likes
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes i saw thats why i am posting as well. VZ needs to see and do something about it. I get its only a select set of users but it is consistent and if my phone is getting less than 1mbps it should NOT be saying LTE. LTE is between 5-12mbps down. I have found multiple posts on this site that confirms its new iOS, VZ and carrier update. many users reporting less than 1mbps down which is unacceptable. i used to get 20-45 down!

0 Likes
Jamiek66
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone says LTE 24/7, it never drops down and yet I can't even text a picture or open up a picture on Instagram.  Slow isn't even the word. And I was fine up until the new updates, now the phone is worthless.

0 Likes
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZ support, where are you at? What's left to fix this? I have one more idea but I'm almost sure VZ support "can't" I mean won't do it

0 Likes
Jamiek66
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is pretty sad...I'm sitting here with a super expensive brick in my hands.  My cell kinda works at home when I'm outside of Charlotte but once I get into the city this thing is worthless now.  It doesn't strike much confidence when I'm getting no help or response from Verizon at all.  Please explain why this phone has worked since day one and now all of the sudden, after the last two iOS updates, it's as good as a paperweight?

0 Likes
bethmaddox17

I have to agree data speeds are getting slower and slower. Even on my home wifi my phone seems to be super slow. Almost wish I had my 5C back.

0 Likes