iPhone 6 is crashing (blue screen)!
AngiePN
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone 6 is randomly crashing (blue screen) then rebooting.No common reason why: happens while talking, texting, safari, FB etc... anyone else having this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 is crashing (blue screen)!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, AngiePN. We have some tricks up our sleeves we can provide in efforts to fix this. If not, you can reach out to Apple to see if there if there was a permanent solution releases already. When did this start? Anything change on your device when you noticed this happening? Check and see if your software is up to date and keep us posted http://vz.to/1BiGZYk .
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AngiePN,
This has happened to me before! It happened so often that I got desperate and went to Apple directly. This ended up being a issue with the hardware in the device (nothing you did). How long have you had the phone? Is it still under warranty? If yes, we can look into replacing if there is no physical/liquid damage. If not, check in with Apple to see what they can do.

ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AngiePN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought it last year when they came out last year.. so no warranty (my luck) Smiley Sad

There is no physical or liquid damage...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, AngiePN. We have some tricks up our sleeves we can provide in efforts to fix this. If not, you can reach out to Apple to see if there if there was a permanent solution releases already. When did this start? Anything change on your device when you noticed this happening? Check and see if your software is up to date and keep us posted http://vz.to/1BiGZYk .
JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It is likely a screen failure but you can find out for sure by going to your local Apple Store if one is available. I had a similar issue with my iPhone 6 Plus (it was still under warranty though). I drove to the nearest Apple Store (90+ miles unfortunately) and they were able to check the issue and determine it was a screen failure. They just swapped my phone out for a new one. Since you're out of warranty if your issue is a screen failure you will have to pay to replace it. Screen repair for an out of warranty iPhone 6 is $109 (not sure if that includes screen failure or if it's for cracked screens). Otherwise it would be $299. They would give you a new (or refurbished) device for that price. I noticed that if I had not been under warranty I would have had to pay $329 for a replacement iPhone 6 Plus. Seems like a lot but it's better than having to pay full retail to replace it yourself. You can also check prices in any iPhone repair shops you may have locally to see if you could find a better price if Apple determines it is a screen failure and you're not sure you want to pay their price for a replacement. If it is a screen failure at some point very soon it will get to the point that it will not turn on at all. For me it took less than 2 weeks for that to happen...ironically it was on the way to the Apple Store to have them look at it.

0 Likes