iPhone 6 not connecting to iTunes
TLF10

I recently upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 6.  I backed everything up from my iPhone 4 to my computer through iTunes.  Now when I plug my iPhone 6 into my computer, it charges and asks if I trust the computer, but nothing more.  It does not connect to iTunes and I have the most recent version of iTunes.  I have tried restarting my computer and phone, have reset my phone and started over from the initial setup process but nothing has helped.  Anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 not connecting to iTunes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is really strange, TFL10. I would definitely reach out to Apple Support if this does not help out. http://apple.co/1Bu8MZx

Keep us posted. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TLF10 Having access to your iTune application is important! Can you please confirm the software loaded on your iPhone 6? Do you receive any prompts or messages on your iPhone 6 when you plug it into your PC with itunes? Please share more details so we can do all we can to help.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TLF10

Yes, I am able to listen to iTunes radio on my phone.  The message pops up that asks if I trust the computer and it charges.  That is all that happens though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details on this concern TLF10. Let's look into this deeper for you. May I ask what's the exact version of iTunes do you have on your computer? Also, are you using a Windows or Macintosh computer? If you can provide us with the exact OS of your computer as well then we can troubleshoot.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your computer lacks the drivers for your phone.  in the old days, the only way to activate with iTunes was to connect to computer.  This also installed the drivers on the computer.  Now that the phones got "smarter" and can activate with wifi, the drivers are not installed.

tip below copied from MacRumors on how to repair.

What ended up working for me, was going to Uninstall/change programs in control panel. I found "Apple Mobile Device support", and tried "Repair". After going through all the prompts, my iphone finally showed up in Itunes and my phone stopped asking me if had trust issues.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

TLF10

Just checking, is your problem resolved?

0 Likes
TLF10

I have the newest version of iTunes, the first time I plugged the iPhone 6 into it, it prompted me to update it so I did.  It is on a Windows computer.  When I go into programs it shows the Apple Mobile Device Support on there.  I have tried repairing it. My problem is not resolved yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done so far TLF10! I know it is important to make sure you have all your information on your new phone. When you first backed up your original iPhone 4, was your iTunes or iPhone on a older software? Have you tried backing it up to iCloud? You may have to go to Apple since iTunes is a Apple product. You can also back up your information with http://vz.to/1JujJh3 Verizon Cloud as an alternative.  Keep us posted.
AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
TLF10

Yes it was on a previous version. Now that I have updated I have noticed my iTunes store doesn't work either because it says I am not connected to the internet.  However, my internet is connected and working, but not the iTunes store. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is really strange, TFL10. I would definitely reach out to Apple Support if this does not help out. http://apple.co/1Bu8MZx

Keep us posted. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport