iPhone 6 plus
cellnumb2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been working with tech support with verizon since June trying to get my 4g back. I have no internet/text/mail. I did at one time and I know that  it is available in the area I frequent. I received an email from Verizon telling me to buy a new phone that I have insurance coverage that I would only be charged the deductable of $199.00. I have not been able to use my services for this long already!!! I never had issues with my 5 or 4.,I have seen many many customer complaints that it maybe due to the carrier updates are not compatible with apple updates. What to do???

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 plus
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you try swapping the SIM card please chime back in and let us know if it worked.  I've heard of someone else a while ago having a very similar issue with their iPhone and Apple did the right thing and replaced their device because it was indeed a hardware issue.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smbgems,

Let's make sure we get your 4G back! What zip code are you normally in where you're experiencing this? Does service improve outside of this area? Do other users experience trouble here? Please share a few more details so we can best assist. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Devster024
Enthusiast - Level 2

81050 iPhone 5c can't get 4g signal any help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks Devster024! We appreciate the information.

Let's continue to work on this for you today to see what is the next best step in getting this resolved. Is this affecting just your phone or others that are in your area? Does this happen during certain times? Is this happening everywhere? Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cellnumb2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no services at all after leaving my home

WI FI.

I can only my calls.

This has been going on since June.

Let's say this is very frustrating at this point.

I do not use twitter.

Susan

Personal Information removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Your iPhone 6 Plus is still under Apple's warranty. I strongly recommend you take it to Apple and they will get it working for you. If you do need a replacement phone they will not charge you anything.   That is as long as there's no damage to the phone.

0 Likes
cellnumb2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trevor:

This is it in a nutshell:

I am in the 80403 zip code. I did have services before. It is not an issue of not having coverage availability. I have gone through the

restart the phone, pull the SIM card,

all the other trouble shooting ideas tech support can walk me through -(thank you very much for your help!).

I have spoken with Apple. This seems to be a carrier issue. My husband's phone is the same set up as mine only a newer version. He does get the 4G LTE. My phone seemed to stop working shortly after the newest update (not right away). ???? Everything was working great-

There were several carrier updates from Verizon that I did not respond to right away however, tech support did send them over.

Smbgems

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Put your husband's SIM card in your phone and see if you get LTE.  It seems odd apples as a carrier issue and Verizon is saying they want to get you a new phone for $199 something doesn't make sense.  There are certainly hardware issues that can cause what you're saying, how did apple determined it was just Verizon. I will keep pushing on Apple let them prove they can get LTE on your phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have services smbgems. We do value your security and would highly recommend removing your information since it is on a public post. I have sent you a message so I can further assist.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

cellnumb2

Apple stands behind its products.  If the update damaged the phone, Apple will replace it.  Weth suggesting a sim switch is a good idea as the update may have damaged the SIM card. 

Replacing with insurance is not reasonable, I can't believe it was suggested.