iPhone 6s not allowing hot spot connections and rejects password attempts.
n10city

It looks like it tries to connect but then rejects attempts even with the correct password. I've tried connecting to my iPhone hot spot using my Macbook Pro and my iPad mini. Both are rejected. I've reset the network setting on the iPhone twice, but still doesn't work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6s not allowing hot spot connections and rejects password attempts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry your having this issue. We always want you to have a great connection. What plan are you on? Have you ever used this feature in the past? Are you able to use data on the iPhone at this time?
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
n10city

MORE EVERY UNL TLK TXT 15GB

I've used the hot spot for years, but never have been able to get my new iPhone 6s to allow other devices to connect via hot spot WiFi like I have for my old iPhone 4. I am able to use data on the iPhone and have LTE coverage where I am trying it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to the Hotspot on your device is very important n10city. We need to know if you are on the More Everything plan or Verizon Plan? This will let us know what features need to be activated on your phone and account so this will work.

KinquanaHH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
n10city

The More Everything 15GB plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing your plan n10city.  Mobile Hotspot is included with the More Everything plan and data is deducted from your monthly data allowance. ARe you attempting to use a 3rd party application to connect the mobile hotspot? Here is some information that may also help with your concerns vz.to/1KbIpPp .

KinquanaHH_VZW

0 Likes
n10city

I am not using a 3rd party app. I am simply going the the setting on my iPad and clicking on WiFi. When I click on my iPhone that appears in the "personal hotspot" area, it gives me a WPA2 password prompt. I enter the exact password that I created on the phone WiFi hotspot setting, and it says that it is an invalid password. I've tried changing the password several times and then entering the new password, but it still does the same thing. Sometimes it will actually work for a few seconds and let me on to Safari or Chrome with just enough time to pull up a website. Then, it just kicks me off the WiFi and sends my iPad searching for another WiFi signal. Same thing happens on my Macbook Pro.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Is your iPad using the most recent iOS? I have no problems with using my hotspot on my iPhone with my MacBook Pro or any other device except my Windows PC (works fine when my phone is connected via cable but not via wifi) so I can't recreate the issue at all. Are you still under warranty with the iPhone? If so do you have an Apple Store in your area? They may be able to figure out what's going on and determine if it's a hardware issue or something else they can get working. Also curious (sorry if you mentioned it already) if you can get the hotspot to work with your computer when you connect the iPhone with the sync cable or if it still won't work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details n10city. It may be the drivers on your computer and laptop.  Windows XP Service Pack 3 is the minumum requirement for the iphone 6 device. What program do you have on your computers.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes