iPhone 7 No Service
chenkhew1210

A couple weeks ago I bought an iPhone 7 (Model A1778) in Malaysia and it worked fine with a sim card from a local cellular company. After I got back to the states I went to a Verizon store to get a new sim card. Verizon employees spent over an hour trying to figure it out, then they said since I bought this phone in a different country, a Verizon sim card is not compatible with my iPhone.

Is this true? Or is there a fix to this issue? I've tried updating to iOS 11.4.1, resetting network settings, reinserting the sim card but to no avail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 No Service
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Locate the phone's IMEI code and enter it into the checker at the link below. This will reveal if the phone can be brought onto Verizon Wireless's network. Smiley Happy

Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 No Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the urgency of wanting to use the phone you purchased overseas, chenkhew1210. If you have tried to activate the phone by inserting a Verizon SIM, and have completed troubleshooting, there is not much else we can do. You can attempt to activate the phone with another SIM that is already active in a Verizon iPhone 7, but that is not guaranteed to work.

Thinking outside of the box, you can always try to resell it to the someone living in Malaysia.

Gina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes