Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues
BMWALCK

My iPhone 7 was showing no service (similar to some other threads I have read on the discussion board) and I was unable to make or receive ANY calls or texts. I rely on my cell for my profession and it interfered with my work for a few days, so needless to say I was very frustrated with this. Then I learned about a repair program that Apple set up for people with this exact issue. Apparently some iPhone 7 models were having this issue and it was an error on Apple's part. Therefore, Apple set up a program to fix it at no cost. According to Apple, wireless carriers are not participating or able to fix this issue, therefore a customer should contact Apple to have it taken care of, not their carrier (i.e. Verizon). I called Apple, and their solution through this program was sending me a replacement phone at no cost. Great! I received the phone and transferred everything over to it, and I have had no issues since. HOWEVER, my new issue is that my Verizon account is saying they are going to charge me the remainder of what I owe on my phone (I have the cost of the phone added into my monthly payment) unless I pay the remainder (some 200$) out right, because the device ID does not match the one original to my account. Well yes, that is because Apple replaced my phone for me. I did NOT upgrade. I am still paying on the phone monthly, and I had it replaced from the manufacturer for an error that THEY made. WHY do I need to pay the remainder? I have called several times over the past week to try to take care of this issue and I have waited on hold for an hour each time. I need someone to contact me about this as it is outrageous to have to pay the remainder because I did NOT upgrade!!!

Here is the link to this program: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BMWALCK, we never want our customers being charged incorrectly.  A private message has been sent to you to get this resolved.  Thank you for all your patience. 

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BMWALCK, we never want our customers being charged incorrectly.  A private message has been sent to you to get this resolved.  Thank you for all your patience. 

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes