iPhone continues to send a URL request to old IP
dhud33

I have a site which recently got moved to a new ip number by my hosting company. I can get to the site at the new IP on my desktop without any issues, so IP propagation appears to have completed in that regard. Other verizon users in my general location can get to the website at the new ip, but for me, no matter what I have tried. I continue to get sent to the old IP on my device.

Any trouble shooting advice appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone continues to send a URL request to old IP
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clear the cache on the browser app, and also clear cookies and browsing data on the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clear the cache on the browser app, and also clear cookies and browsing data on the phone.

0 Likes
dhud33

I probably should also have added, in case it changes thing any, that when the site was moved to the new ip a 301 was put in place to indicate the site was unavailable. This is where I continue to be sent.

I will check what you advise Suzy, thx.

Will all the frequent viewers of the site also need to do this also or will they eventually get sent to the new ip? What time frame would it take for this to happen naturally?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you did a 301 redirect, it should happen automatically ... what happens when you try to access the old IP?  A 404?  Or an older version of the site?

Clearing cache and cookies on a browser should take care of anyone who is still going to the old IP.

0 Likes