iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
Scottkahan
Enthusiast - Level 2

So- I have the same problem and none of the posted answers fix the problem. iPhone 11 and iPhone 8’s all having same issue.  Works for a while then stops.  Random. Annoying. We have 4 separate phones all experiencing same problem.  Our neighbor has Verizon WiFi- same issue.  I have called Verizon tech support several times. No answers.  Please help!!  

Re: iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
jdegours
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was there ever any definitive fix for this issue?  I have the same issue with a brand new iphone XS.   I have a horrible verizon service at home.  I enabled wifii calling and I drop connection constantly.   I was thinking perhaps my existing Altice one router was the issue so I installed and Eero wireless network with three router configuration and the drops still happen.  My wifii signal and through put is awesome with this new setup , however it hasn't fixed the call drops. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdegours, let's make sure you are going to the right area. On your device you would need to go to settings, cellular, and down at the bottom you will find Wi-Fi assist. Please turn this feature off and test your device for me. We will be standing by for your results. The phone is always designed to prefer the cellular signal. Airplane Mode will stop all cellular connections but allow WiFi to remain enabled so this is working as it should. When doing this for WiFi Calling you are forcing the device to only be able to pick up the WiFi network and the quality of the call will then solely be based on the home connection.

I know this has been a difficult situation for you. Wi-Fi Assist is an Apple feature rather than a Verizon specific feature. For more on Wi-Fi Assist, see this from Apple: http://spr.ly/6606G3gso Basically, the feature is designed to ensure that you have a constant connection at all times, switching you to cellular data when the Wi-Fi connection is deemed to be poor. This feature would not necessarily help with Wi-Fi Calling however Does this help clarify? Regarding Wi-Fi Calling, have you tried restarting your Wi-Fi router and phone? Have you tried resetting network settings on your iPhone? If not, here's how to do so: http://spr.ly/6608G3gsq Keep in mind that resetting network settings will delete all saved Wi-FI passwords and you'll need to reconnect to any Wi-Fi networks that you want the phone to connect to automatically. 

TakendraW_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this, please send us a Private Note. GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
Scottkahan
Enthusiast - Level 2

No-  I have searched all the posts and have talked with Verizon tech support many times.   I invite Verizon to weigh in here and help solve this, but as to date- many people have this problem and verizon acts like it's the first they have heard about it.  All the solutions offered (turn on-off wifi enabled calling, shut down router/restart, turn to airplane mode when at home, update phone, etc, etc) do not fix the problem long term.   Frustrating!!   

Scottkahan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried all of this and still drop wi-fi calls constantly.  After trouble shooting this ad nosium, Verizon stated this must be an apple or local ISP issue.  When I follow up- Apple and ISP state this is a verizon issue.  Feeling trapped in the middle with no reliable means for wi-fi calling.  Verizon- please help us!!  

Scottkahan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi- Is there a fix that can be posted?  I’m still awaiting an answer.  Still dropping calls everyday 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for getting back to us today. Reliable service is a must and we want to help as much as we can. When did this issue start? Have you had any other issues when using Wifi? 

RogelioZ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustrations you're having Scotkahan and I'm sorry there hasn't been a fix for this yet. During all of your interactions with tech support did we submit a ticket for your specific issue? What information were you told after all the troubleshooting was completed? Did we advise the issue could not be fixed at this time? Send us a private message so that we may gain access to your account to view all of the notes and steps that have been taken so far to help with your issue. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Scottkahan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi- this issue has been going on as long as I’ve had WiFi calling.   It works until it it doesn’t. No rhyme or reason as to what causes WiFi calling to go away.  The connection to WiFi remains uninterrupted.