Re: iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
Scottkahan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes- tech support said they could not fix the problem at the time. They said they would call back with a solution and that never happened.  would be great to post a solution here (or state that this is a known problem with no solution) as many people are experiencing this (I have several friends and neighbors that have said they have the same issue)  

That said- How do I send you a private message? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information.  We have sent you a Private Message to assist you further.  You can just respond to this PM to be able to send us a Private Message.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Scottkahan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi- I never received a private message from you 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scottkahan, we apologize the Private Message was not received. We have resent it. 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
GRBU2

My wife and I just bought iPhone 11s 1 month apart - me a couple months ago and my wife a month ago. We are on Verizon. I have no issues with WiFi calling but my wife does. Her connection fails with a “Call Failed” pretty much after 3 or 5 minutes. When she calls the person back there are no issues. If we restart our WiFi router or restart the phone, the first call works normally. Any call after has same issue.

I’ve compared my phone settings to her phone settings and they are identical. Only difference is I updated to iOS 14.2 with my phone via iTunes and she updated her’s via Over-The-Air. Didn’t have this issue with iPhone 6 and 6+ phones we previously had. This has me very confused as we have the exact same phones (colors, space, configuration) and her phone has the WiFi calling issue. If we turn that feature off her phone works normally, but not having the feature work as intended is really confusing and frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GRBU2, we agree with your sentiments. We certainly want your service to work the way it is intended. Has this been the same experience immediately after purchase. Or did this start later? TerranceT_VZW

0 Likes
GRBU2

Yes it started right after purchase. I’ve been communicating via private messages with other support staff. Also was able to duplicate the issue with both my wife’s phone and mine. The “VZW WiFi” status is hit or miss but when on, many times are calls are dropped. The plan is to try our phones on another WiFi network when we get a chance and report back. Should hopefully do that within the next month, but our opportunities are limited due to COVID restrictions. Thanks for checking in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your patience while we look into this for you. To clarify, do you have this issue with any other Wi-Fi connections other than the one in your home? Are all of the connections secure on your router as well? 

0 Likes
GRBU2

So we have been able to check with another WiFi connection (both secure). The second WiFi connection is better than the first one, but we have had WiFi calling drop on a couple calls around 8 minutes now. So the 2nd connection is better, but WiFi calls are still dropping when we didn’t see this at all with iPhone 6 and 6+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for testing the phones with another wireless connection, GRBU2! We want to make sure she doesn't drop calls while on Wi-Fi! Do you know if she is doing anything else on the phone when the calls drop? For example, will she be opening another app, sending a text message, accessing email, etc.?

Nicole_VZW

0 Likes