Re: iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
PDXmarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have restarted the router several times and it has not changed the calls being dropped situation.  I have also invested in a WiFi net with xfi Pods throughout my home.   While it has helped with WiFi coverage for laptops etc...it has not changed anything as far as the calls being dropped. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too and we're here to help resolve the issues you're experiencing with dropped calls. We apologize for your inconvenience. Having access to a Wi-Fi signal is a great option to have. How long have you been experiencing dropped calls? Has there been any recent  changes to your device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) or to your router? Are you experiencing dropped calls while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
PDXmarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Robert, 

I have already answered most of these questions in this thread.

How long have you been experiencing dropped calls? Around 4-6 months

Has there been any recent  changes to your device? 2 devices.  1 (iPhone 11) nothing has changed.  The other I moved from a iPhone 7 to a 10 (swapping sims).  The iPhone 11 is the one I have the most dropped calls.  The 10, seems to have resolved since moving from the 7. 

(e.g., software update, - yes but none that caused the dropped calls. Most if not all in the last 3 months so after the issue started.

new apps downloded - I don;t do this often and only apps I can think of were downloaded after this started to happen.

recent SIM Card change, etc.) Just on the move from the 7 to 10 which improved the problem for that phone

or to your router? No, been the same router for 1 1/2 years or more

Are you experiencing dropped calls while you're indoors, outdoors, or both?  Both.  Mostly indoors as 99% of my calls are indoors. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the repeated questions. What ZIP code are you in? Does it happen anywhere else besides your home area? 

0 Likes
PDXmarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in zip 97202.  It only has happened at home since this began,  but note I am at home 99% of the time due to the pandemic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to stay connected. Is this with both inbound and outbound calls? 

0 Likes
PDXmarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI I am dropping this.  This is literally a repeat of the same questions over and over.   Verizon should very much stop trying to provide support.   Either answer or take the person offline to answer this question. 

No need to contact me.   I turned off WiFi calling which seems to have helped.  I still have dead spots in my home but it has improved.  I just realized the WiFi calling option is not  a good one for me with Verizon. 

0 Likes
Willferrigno

I’m on Comcast. Calls drop after 3 minutes. Terrible. Ready to switch to ATT which doesn’t have this problem when in my house. Did you get it fixed?

0 Likes