Re: iPhone iOS 8.4, now iPhone 6 plus is impossible to use in Charlotte, NC
Jamiek66
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm kinda disappointed that the answers I'm getting are that my iPhone is toast so I need to switch carriers or get an android.  Incredible.  Wanna bet I call VW and they fight me like hell about getting out of my contract??? 

0 Likes
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

My comment was rejected by moderators. Why is that?

0 Likes
imrbrett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trust me it is very possible and yes I agree they are simply work around or changes no solution. Top it all off VZ is being hush hush about it

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I've been lucky for the most part and haven't had the issues that I've seen pop up on here by many. I am in areas where I am successfully able to use Advanced Calling without encountering dropped calls due to LTE switching to 3G (only one "dead" spot I have encountered in my area that is literally only a few feet of issues and tend to drop a call...and actually that has not been the case for the last few weeks so that spot may have been addressed). I think a lot of people have the issue when they have Advanced Calling activated and their area(s) may not be the most stable for the feature right now. If you're having the issues with it activated you may possibly do better with the feature turned off in your trouble spots. It's yet another workaround but it was already known that the feature wasn't the most stable everywhere yet.

If you've troubleshooted with VZW to the point that they can't do anything (and you've attempted support with Apple to verify that the issue is not a device defect that can be fixed simply by replacing your device) then by all means you may need to consider switching providers. I'd make sure if you want to use an iPhone 6/6+ on the new provider that the issue doesn't exist with them to though. It seems difficult to pinpoint what the problem really is (device, iOS updates, and/or carrier updates) so I honestly don't know who to blame (carriers or Apple).

0 Likes