iPhone not Receiving texts from Android
SFerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new iphone 12 mini, iOS 15.0.2. I can send and receive texts with any other iphone user, but cannot get texts from any android users (though I can send texts to them). I have tried all the suggestions posted on the interwebs to no success (restarted phone, turned airplane mode on and off, reset network settings, burned an LG phone in effigy, etc.). Really very frustrating. Any help?

0 Likes
Re: iPhone not Receiving texts from Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, no need to fear, help is here! We will be happy to look into this for you. To confirm, have you already updated your devices to the latest software update iOS 15?~David

0 Likes
SFerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Yes, I updated to iOS 15.0.2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SFerr We want to help make sure you receive all of your messages. Can you tell me if you are able to send to Androids. Do you have send as MMS turn on?-Dolores

0 Likes
SFerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I can send to Android phones and those messages are received. I do have send as MMS turned on. I've updated to iOS 15.0.2.

0 Likes
SFerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checking in...been a few days, no response from customer service....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please list all the troubleshooting steps you have taken. I want to make sure we do not have you repeat any. *Rebecca

0 Likes
SFerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, well, as I said in my original post (see above, please read). I updated my iphone, reset network settings, reset all settings, made sure I had SMS enabled, made sure wifi was working, made sure I was connected to cell service.  And then I contacted Verizon "customer service" again (having already done so through the chat on the website, but no love there and was disconnected (because they took so long), and no one got back in touch with me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SFerr, is this happening with all Android phones? Were you able to receive these texts before? In addition, are there any issues with calls or data usage? *Joshua

0 Likes
SFerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Josh, so, yes, this happens with all Android phones (as far as I know, since, of course, I don't get the messages so I don't know for sure anyone is sending them). The only thing I have noticed is that if someone with an Android phone responds to a group chat, I will receive the message (sometimes), but never if it is a direct message to me.

This is my first iPhone, so I've never had any experience with using one - I've been using Android phones for the past decade.

And, no, I have no other issues with data or calls.

0 Likes