iPhone won't push Google App Notifications
KVandro

This past weekend I upgraded my iPhone 5 from iOS 8.4 to 8.4.1. Ever since my google products will not update or give me lock screen or banner notifications unless I run the app. I use my phone very heavily for work so it's a problem. I use the Hangouts app, Gmail app and Inbox app and none of them work. They work on my iPad and on my wife's phone when I logged in so something is wrong with my phone. Any ideas? It's not the notifications settings or DND or anything. I've played with all that. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone won't push Google App Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KVandro,

8.4.1 is an awesome update, so I'm surprised to learn that you are having these troubles with your iPhone 5. Let's find out what might be going on. Since the update completed, have you reset your network settings? To do that go into settings, then general, then reset, and select reset network settings.
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KVandro

I have done both Reset Network settings and also Reset All settings.

Neither of those solved the problem I've uninstalled and reinstalled all 3

of the apps I mentioned as well. No luck.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2015, at 9:38 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm, that is weird that it hasn't worked KVandro. Are all other apps working without any issues? After you Reset All Settings, did you restore everything back to the way that it was prior to the reset? We'll get this working for you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KVandro

I didn't deal with the ring tones etc but yes everything else I set back to

normal. Everything else appears to be fine. Mall 3 apps work when I open

them, I just cannot get them to give me any notifications no matter what

the settings. I even tried to remove my phones access via Google security

settings but that didn't seem to work either.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 9:52 PM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
KVandro

I was hoping that updating to iOS 9 would help, but it didn't. Same problem exists.

0 Likes
KVandro

So I think I've fixed it. I deleted every Google related app from my phone, went into my Google Security settings and removed all access to all my phones and the iOS script and started one by one adding apps and things appear to be working now. Not sure what it triggered it, but glad to be back working again.

0 Likes