iPhone6 Trade-in program. Never received the shipping material.
EERG

They never sent me shipping material for iPhone6 Trade-in program. I called and emailed them but I am still getting nothing. Can you send me the shipping material again (which you never sent). Now, it seems like they don't pay as much as before. They changed it to $100!!? What is wrong with Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone6 Trade-in program. Never received the shipping material.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm am terribly sorry to hear that you did not receive your shipping materials, EERG! How long have you waited since submitting your trade in request? It can take up to 10 business days to receive.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EERG

Hello MichelleH_VZW,

I waited more than a month. I will change my cell phone carrier if this

doesn't give me the full amount of $200. Not $100 for my iPhone 4s.

It is your fault not sending any shipping material.

I submitted a few requests but never gotten any shipping material. I even

made calls but You said to wait all the time.

Resend the shipping material now or I am going to quit receiving service

from Verizon.

Regards,

RG Kim

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted EERG! My apology for the delay. Due to the overwhelming demand, there has been some challenges to get the materials out as soon as possible. For assistance or inquiry, feel free to contact the recycling center at 877-247-3846.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EERG

Why don't you call them?

When I call them, They dont even answer.

didnt I mention that?

What is wrong with you?

0 Likes
awaner
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the same boat as you, I put in my request for trade in October 15th. I even took my phone to a verizon store to have it looked over to ensure I would get the FULL $200 for my perfect condition iPhone 4s, which the CSR confirmed. After reviewing some facts I decided that I would go ahead and get the iPhone 6, which I had been holding out because I have/had unlimited data (I have been with Verizon since they took over Alltell).

I received an an e-mail last night that my order for iPhone 6 had been cancelled. I didn't cancel it, CSR at Verizon said they didn't cancel it. So not only have I not received my shipping materials to return my iPhone, I had to REORER the iPhone 6, which I was previously told i would be getting this weekend (yea f'in right, that won't happen now). She said she would try and see if I could get it sooner but the way this is going I would be surprise if I ever get it.

Funny though because as soon as I put in for a new iPhone 6 my unlimited data was taken away from me THAT very second. I am seriously regretting my decision to stay with this company and have been thoroughly researching joining my fiancés AT&T plan if this issue isn't resolved within the next week. I haven't been a loyal customer for 10+ years to be treated like this and be given the runaround.

And as the OP said above, don't bother calling 877-835-2024 or any other number because no one will pick up. I was on hold with them today while I cleaned my house for 2 hours before I decided I couldn't take listening to that god awful background music a second longer.

0 Likes
Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

"They never sent me shipping material for iPhone6 Trade-in program."

Consider yourself lucky. I don't know what model of iPhone you have, but my wife has the iPhone 5 (32 gig), which is in excellent condition, as it was kept in a case. They are fetching $300+ easily on eBay.

0 Likes
Karavicious
Enthusiast - Level 3

They told me that the recycling materials would come within 5 days...I ordered it on 10/7..finally just got it this week. So they're times are way behind on that one. But I've heard other people talking about getting way less than the 200 promised...two people said they got 36 dollars! That really concerns me.

0 Likes
awaner
Enthusiast - Level 3

That has been happening since 2013 apparently as far as trades ins go. From what I've read they claim many people are not turning off Find My iPhone, and declaring them phones that do not power on. Many said that is not the case and verizon is using that excuse as a scapegoat to get out of paying the full $200 (or whatever you were appraised at). If your phone is in fact in the condition to command the full amount, I suggest taking photos and video of it prior to packaging so that if that occurs you have evidence of your phones condition prior to their inspection.

Many have said that after they contacted Verizon over this refund amount issues that depending on who they spoke to or the situation, an additional amount is issued to make up the difference if they are in the wrong.

NickMF

I would be very wary of this trade in promotion. I sent in a fully functioning phone, received an actual e-gift card in my e-mail worth $0.

Have been unable to get a hold of anyone, and the customer service group has no way of contacting them. It is a third party they say, it is not our fault and nothing we can do about it. No response via email or anything... just be careful.

0 Likes