Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
international calling charges on whatsap
mugshel007

I called into Verizon on January 11th upon returning from a trip overseas. I spoke with Nicole in Financial Services who informed me that we had an enormous amount of international calling charges. I explained that these calls were made over Wifi on Whatsap and that I was under the impression these calls were free as they were under wifi. She informed me that If I got the International plan for $70.00 my bill would be greatly reduced from the calling charges of $1554.00 to $230.00. She then said that I could speak with a Supervisor to see if they could waive the charges. I was transferred to Joey Zapata. We spoke about the calls made under wifi using Whatsap. He assured me that he would credit the international calls. He sent me a text to confirm this statement which was received the same day. This text stated, VZW Supervisor Joey approval for credit if international charges appear on Billing approved 1/11/20. On my February bill, Verizon took the $1554.00 plus the $70.00 for the international calling plan and the normal charges out of my checking account in the amount of $1925.35. I have called in numerous times and have spoken with different supervisors that have said they would get ahold of Joey Zapata and get this resolved. I spoke to Anna who made the same promise but I’ve yet to hear back from her. 

Today I spoke with Future who suggested I contact corporate.

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: international calling charges on whatsap
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mugshel007, we hope your travels in January had gone well. We can understand how alarming it can be to come home to a higher bill after you have been away. We would like the opportunity to further investigate the details of your concern. Can you please clarify if you were making Wi-Fi Calls to international phone numbers? Or were you calling numbers to the US?

We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes