iphone 5s looses internet connection
mpm2020

I have an iPhone 5s which is about 2 months old.  About once a week it looses the internet connection. I can make phone calls and send SMS messages but can not send iMessages, use Safari, send or receive email.  They only way I can get it working again is to cycle the power (tried just toggling airplane mode with no success).  I have good signal for both verizon and my wifi.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 5s looses internet connection
Not applicable

Hello mpm2020,

Thank you for reaching out to us concerning your issue. iMessage only works on WiFi. One of the things you can do once you're connected to your home router is to go into SETTINGS>iMessage>turn off and wait for a minute and turn back on to reactivate your connection to APPLE's messaging system. Also make sure you're running the newest iOS Software. For mobile network services, make sure you're in a good coverage area and your phone is showing adequate signal bubbles and Verizon 4G. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mpm2020,

Help has arrived! Let's take a closer look. What zip code is this issue occurring in? Is this only occurring when your device is connected to Wi-Fi? Have you experienced this issue in multiple locations?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello mpm2020,

Thank you for reaching out to us concerning your issue. iMessage only works on WiFi. One of the things you can do once you're connected to your home router is to go into SETTINGS>iMessage>turn off and wait for a minute and turn back on to reactivate your connection to APPLE's messaging system. Also make sure you're running the newest iOS Software. For mobile network services, make sure you're in a good coverage area and your phone is showing adequate signal bubbles and Verizon 4G. Hope this helps.

0 Likes