iphone 6 Excessive Data Usage
motaki

I recently signed a new contract to get the iphone6 at a discount.  Thus, I had to remove my unlimited data plan ( so so sad )  I've been monitoring my data since.  Yesterday at 1:45 it was using 335mb and 135mb around 6pm.   The only thing I was actively doing was listening to spotify in my car.

I'm really concerned and rather annoyed that 1/4 of my data has been gobbled up in less than 1 day...  I thought 2gb would be enough because when i had the iphon4s I barely reached 1gig in a month. 

What's the goingz onz????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 6 Excessive Data Usage
Weth
Legend

What is going on is that going from a slow 3G device to a faster 4G LTE device will use 2 to 2.5 times more data for doing "the same stuff". 

The the numbers you give are consistent for a few hours of music streaming.  You can try to turn down the quality on Spotify to use less data.  Remember the times are when the tower reports the data, not when you use it.   That data will have all been used in the hours prior to the reported time. 

If you were using about a gig on 3G, expect to need about 3 gig on LTE. 

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1347101

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

motaki,

We can understand the concern with your data usage. Let's put any concerns you may have to rest. When using applications that are streaming data usage can be very high. The data usage that you described does seem very normal to be streaming on Spotify. In order to lower your data usage we encourage you to use these applications on wifi whenever possible.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Friend80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched from AT&T prepaid plan to Verizon edge with my own iPhone 6plus but there goes problem, on old service AT&T I had 3gb data that was enough for me, now I have 6gb for two lines, my second line used almost 2gb data and my line more than 4gb plus I got 2gb extra for this month my apps and data setting all same as before, why I'm getting this issue??? And I thing Verizon want to eat extra dirty money with scamming!!!! If not let me see how Verizon representative can help me?? Thanks

Weth
Legend

What is going on is that going from a slow 3G device to a faster 4G LTE device will use 2 to 2.5 times more data for doing "the same stuff". 

The the numbers you give are consistent for a few hours of music streaming.  You can try to turn down the quality on Spotify to use less data.  Remember the times are when the tower reports the data, not when you use it.   That data will have all been used in the hours prior to the reported time. 

If you were using about a gig on 3G, expect to need about 3 gig on LTE. 

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1347101

0 Likes