Re: iphone 6+ and grandfathered plan?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There isn't really an international version of the iPhone 6 and 6+. It is a global phone regardless of carrier. Distinguishing between the two used to matter when there was only a CDMA version versus a GSM version.

0 Likes
TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

You should know one thing. I had a Note 4 that I was very happy with. It was able to do voice and be online at the same time, which is why I left iPhone before, because on Verizon, they can't . So I see the HD voice is free to add, and it includes volte which allows the iPhone 6 and 6 plus to talk and surf. Leave it up to greedy Verizon though. After I traded my Note 4 and got the iPhone 6 plus, I went online to activate HD Calling 1.0. It wouldn't work! It said to call Verizon. So, I did, only to be informed that because I'm on the old calling plan, I'm not eligible. I would have to give up my unlimited data. News flash Verizon . When I do give up my unlimited, it will be for AT&T! Their iPhones have always had all the features Verizon guts from theirs. 18 years with Verizon and this is my customer appreciation?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

That's odd. I have unlimited AND I was able to activate the feature with no problem. So I can attest that isn't true at all. And the feature works perfectly for me

0 Likes
TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

What plan are you on? They said it's because I'm on the nationwide 700 plan. Hey, I'm just saying what Verizon told me. I have a friend with an S5 and unlimited, and his works fine too. I would have NEVER went to an iPhone if is have known I'd lose the ability to talk and surf!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Nationwide plan. I can't recall if it's 700 or 900 mins but it's one of the ones that also has the Friends and Family option to get unlimited mins to 5 people. Unlimited data. My mother has the 450 min Nationwide plan with unlimited data. She too is using the feature with no issues.

TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are able to have 5 on ftiends and family then you have 900 minute plan. Id be willing to upgrade to that but tbey wont even let me do that!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

That's also interesting. The other plans are available for me to upgrade or downgrade to (the other nationwide plans that have been discontinued I mean). I just checked now to see if the option was still there and it is. So I would imagine everyone would still have that option if they are still on a nationwide plan with unlimited data. There's nothing special about me that should make me have options that others don't. I don't believe in the idea of "loyalty" privileges that some others seem to complain about and feel entitled to on here but yes, I've been a customer for a long time. I don't think that has anything to do with it though.

0 Likes
TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can select any of the other plans, but when I actually try to activate it, it wont let it happen and throws up the call Verizon flag. If your mom has the 400 plan it should work because I have the 700 plan.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes she has that plan. She barely touches the minutes in it but it was the smallest plan available so she got it and stuck with it. She might average 150 mins a month tops...and that's being overly generous with the estimate lol. But yes, it should definitely work. Not sure why your account won't let you make changes such as adding advanced calling and everything but it seems like VZW isn't being completely upfront with you. The reasons given don't make sense. Hope you can get them to figure it out but definitely don't let them tell you that you have to give up unlimited.

0 Likes
TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bad SIM card. It's working now.

0 Likes