Re: iphone 6s on 2 yr contract price - can I keep the loyalty plan and switch later?
Snn5
Legend

That doesn't sound right.  I mean, why couldn't an unlimited data user use an upgrade to buy a new phone then?  When you subsidize, don't you have to choose an available and advertised plan, or is this the loophole, since the loyalty plan is available, just not advertised?  I was told "NO."  But that was over a year ago.

Those Loyalty lines were to bring over basic phone users to smartphones way back when.  Since there is no line charge, Verizon doesn't really make the money back on a $700 phone on a straight $60+tax line.

0 Likes
Re: iphone 6s on 2 yr contract price - can I keep the loyalty plan and switch later?
lmwsport7

I only switched to this plan a year ago - so I don't think that was the purpose. And I think that each of these non-traditional plans has its own unique grandfathered rules, which is why I was asking. Also, on both Apple and Verizon websites, I can proceed all the way through to checkout with my existing plan and the subsidized phone price.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

My father in law has the same $60 2GB loyalty plan as you and upgraded with discounted phone about 6 months ago no problem also.

I am surprised they are letting a $45 plan get a new iPhone, but there was no problem and went straight through. They did offer to move to My Verizon plan. Then of course they also offered an iPad mini for $100 (and $30/month service fee which was not offered until I asked), a external battery charger, a car charger, a home charger, a waterproof case, a screen protector, insurance. I don't think the rep got much credit for a straight contract on a $45 plan with no extras.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I can't complain too much.  Being out of contract on Prepaid is about the best thing I ever did as far as subscribing to service with Verizon.  i don't miss the few perks there was with a postpaid plan and I never come close to my 2GB $45 plan.  No use in my crying over losing my $60 2GB loyalty plan now.