iphone goes to privacy mode when calling in vehicle
carshopowner-wife

Just started happening.  Not sure what setting I changed and whether it is in the vehicle or on the phone.

In Privacy mode, I cannot hear the called number ringing or the person when they answer.  They hear me.  I have to disconnect the phone from the vehicle to continue the call.

Help, please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone goes to privacy mode when calling in vehicle
Weth
Legend

This seems to be an issue with your cars bluetooth. I would forget the bluetooth connection on your car and on your iphone and repair the two.

0 Likes
carshopowner-wife

Not sure it is the vehicle.  My husband has a Droid that works.  Mine worked until two days ago.

I called Verizon support for a different issue.  She solved the one and remembered that she had the same issue I am having in the car with "Privacy".

She told me to reboot and try again.  Haven't yet because I am without a vehicle for a few hours.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Rebooting as a first step is always a good first step. If that doesn't work, I would definitely do the re-pairing. Even if another phone works, the repairing can be effective so don't rule it out.

What kind of car do you have. This is being reported with Ford type vehicles with SYNC and the cure was forgetting and repairing after a iPhone reboot.

Also make sure of this setting:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Incoming Calls the settings available are "Default" "Headset" and "Speaker", mine was set to "Speaker" and when I set it to "Default", all incoming calls were answered in MyFordTouch with "Privacy" turned off.

0 Likes
carshopowner-wife

Well, yes it is a 2015 Ford.  I've re-paired twice for other issues in the past.  I am really not a microsoft fan!

Still no access to vehicle.  I'll try what you sent and let you know.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Diane1227

What do you mean by re-pairing?.

0 Likes