is my iPhone 7 locked?
dodsonmd

Planning to travel internationally, and would like to purchase a local sim card for my iPhone 7. Does my phone need to be unlocked, or are Verizon iPhones already unlocked?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is my iPhone 7 locked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope you have a great time on your planned trip, dodsonmd. We order all of our 4G LTE smartphones unlocked from the manufacturer, so you'll be good to go without any SIM lock limitations. You can read more about our unlocking policy here if you wish: http://vz.to/28YvYZo I hope this addresses your concerns.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope you have a great time on your planned trip, dodsonmd. We order all of our 4G LTE smartphones unlocked from the manufacturer, so you'll be good to go without any SIM lock limitations. You can read more about our unlocking policy here if you wish: http://vz.to/28YvYZo I hope this addresses your concerns.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

dodsonmd

I purchased the phone from the Apple store. Is the answer the same? Purchased unlocked directly from Apple?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dodsonmd, I know I too would want to ensure my phone did not have any blocks in place for international travel. I recommend reaching out to Apple just to confirm, but you should be good to go.

They will be able to ensure there are no SIM blocks in place. Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes