Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: mobile hotspot on iphone 6
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have? Is the hotspot broadcasting on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi frequency?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have? Is the hotspot broadcasting on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi frequency?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Sean_K_Ching
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most likely it's just a small issue that can be fixed such as improper settings, a misunderstanding of your data plan or the features included. For example, your computer wifi could be off or set to not receive signals from other devices or your data plan is too small/limited to allow mobile hotspots because you forgot you downgraded a month ago to save some money or your current data plan no longer supports mobile hotspot. However, another possibility is that your iPhone's hardware is broken and can no longer provide a strong enough mobile hotspot signal to your computer, or vice-versa. An iPhone 6 is a somewhat old phone after all and it is recommended you upgrade to the latest iPhone every 2-3 years at a minimum. Might I suggest trading it in for a newer iPhone? A lot has changed since iPhone 6.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you can continue to use your hotspot, jplace1990. Ann154 asks an important question, as we need to identify if your plan is compatible with mobile hotspot. What plan do you currently have, and have you made any recent plan changes? What happens when you try searching for the hotspot on your available networks from your laptop? Have you been able to connect your hotspot to another WiFi device?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jplace1990

Reset network settings and problem solved.

0 Likes