my call quality is terrible...How can fix it?
avettese
Enthusiast - Level 2

Voices drop in and out and sound garbled.  LTE signal is mostly 2 bars. Using the cell phone field test, my signal is at -107 and as bad as -113.  I never had issues when using my 4S on 3G at the same locations (work and home).  Switching my phone to 3G only does not work either.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my call quality is terrible...How can fix it?
bobbyn_vzw
Verizon Employee

Sorry to read about the call quality issues! We take these things seriously. Let's get started and see if we can turn this around. When did the issue begin? Is is happening in a specific location? Since the issue has began, have you gone more than 5-10 miles from the location? What zip code are you in? bobbyn_vzw Follow
us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
avettese
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for responding. Pretty much from day one when I got the phone. I've tried everything from resetting network settings, rebooting, shutting off LTE altogether. I work in Tewksbury MA (01876), and I live in Nashua (03064-1575) and it happens in both locations. I can give you google coordinates if you need to be that precise. It also happens in other locations.

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the steps you have taken, avettese. I've reviewed both areas and do see opportunities in both zip codes since you are using your device in an extended coverage area. Which iPhone are you using? Are you aware of any other Verizon users having similar issues?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
avettese
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I'm using an iPhone 6 and I've been trying to find someone with the same phone and service, but no one I know has the same as me.

0 Likes
avettese
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do appreciate your time.  I have been to the Verizon store, got a new SIM card.  Still had the problem, so I went to Apple and they gave me another IPHONE 6.  I still have poor reception.  If I'm inside, more likely than not, my reception is poor to the extent that the other person can't hear me and thinks the call was dropped.  My old 4S worked in all these ares with impeccable quality. 

The other thing that I Was very disappointed in was that I started another one of these questions/comments and it was rejected by Verizon!!!!!   Very frustrated with that! I was nothing but tactful and mentioned pretty much what I have here, with exception of noting someone on another carrier with the same phone having no issues.

I may try one more time over at Apple for another phone because the one they gave me has a dead pixel.  After that, I may need to get more drastic in my quest for better cell service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hearing that you are having these issues even with the iPhone 6 is definitely concerning avettese. I am also concerned that your previous question was rejected but we will work on getting you a solution right away. I would definitely recommend taking the device back into the Apple store considering that there is a slight issue with the pixels on the iPhone 6. Once they replace the phone we recommend trying it out in the same areas again to see if the issue improves. Please keep up posted on your findings as we want to make sure you have a phone that works the way it should. 

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Kboone1726

I am having the same issue. I ended up getting a 5g phone thinking that was the problem. However with my new phone I am still having the same issue. I haven't had this issue until the last two months. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes