my iphone does not connect with network extender
JeffParis

my ihpne 6 does not get connected via my network extender.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my iphone does not connect with network extender
Snn5
Legend

Make sure any Advanced Calling features are turned off.  The network extenders will not work with phones with AC enabled.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Make sure any Advanced Calling features are turned off.  The network extenders will not work with phones with AC enabled.

Jackthedog494

I found the solution for iPhone not connecting to a Verizon extender.  I have one bar of connection to Verizon wireless at home and cannot connect to my Wi-Fi extender.  I drop calls all the time and have poor call clarity.   By switching my iPhone to Airplane Mode then turning Wi-Fi back on I can make and receive crystal clear calls on the extender.  I turn airplane mode off when I leave the house because I have a solid connection to Verizon wireless.  Returning home I turn on airplane mode again, my phone remembers I want Wi-Fi to stay connected while in airplane mode.  No more issues with the extender working for phone calls at home with a single bar of Verizon wireless.     

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jackthedog494

We don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Airplane Mode disables the device's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. As a result, it will restrict your device from staying connected while in Airplane Mode. We hope that this explanation is helpful to you. 

The Network Extender is an extension of our 4G LTE network that's placed directly in your office. However, please be advised that the performance of your wireless service depends heavily on your data connection with landline internet service. Additionally, each time you want to connect to the 4G LTE Network Extender, your Verizon Wireless device must be within 50 feet to establish a connection with its network. Are you within this distance to connect to the device? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes