my new apple iphone 6 plus can not find any blue tooth devices. Just says searching for ever !!! Help I need my blue tooth headset
gabbylisac

my new IPhone 6plus can not find any Bluetooth items.  I have many in my house and it just says searching for like hours I have tried restarting ect.l.. but not finding any of my blue tooth items.

Help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my new apple iphone 6 plus can not find any blue tooth devices.  Just says searching for ever !!! Help I need my blue tooth headset
Snn5
Legend

Some items must be put into discoverable mode, such as Androids before the iPhone will find them.  Headphones, speakers, and other music/media related items do not, but PCs and Androids I know do.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: my new apple iphone 6 plus can not find any blue tooth devices. Just says searching for ever !!! Help I need my blue tooth headset
mama23dogs
Legend

IF your Bluetooth devices are older, it's possible they are not compatible.  They also may be paired with previous devices and must be reset to pair with a new earpiece.  Of course it is also possible the Bluetooth is faulty on the phone.  In which case, please contact apple support for trouble shooting, repair or replacement.

0 Likes
Re: my new apple iphone 6 plus can not find any blue tooth devices. Just says searching for ever !!! Help I need my blue tooth headset
rcschnoor
Legend

Are your bluetooth items in pairing mode? If they were previously paired with another phone or any other device, they would need to be manually placed in pairing mode. You would need to check the owners manual for your device(s) for instructions on how to get them into pairing mode. Until they are in pairing mode, your phone will not likely see them. This is not a problem with the phone.

0 Likes
Re: my new apple iphone 6 plus can not find any blue tooth devices.  Just says searching for ever !!! Help I need my blue tooth headset
Snn5
Legend

Some items must be put into discoverable mode, such as Androids before the iPhone will find them.  Headphones, speakers, and other music/media related items do not, but PCs and Androids I know do.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What version of iOS are you on. Some of the earlier versions that came with the iPhone 6/6 Plus had bluetooth issues that were fixed in the updates. Make sure you are on iOS 8.3

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Every Bluetooth item that I've ever had the items had to be placed in pairing mode. Both items.... the pairer and the pairee. The 2 cars, the tablets, all headsets, the laptop.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Examples of my items: 

to use a BT headset with my Android I only have to make my phone discoverable and then turn on the headset, same with my BT speaker sets. 

If I want to connect a device that transfers files or anything other than music, like my PC or 2 phones, I have to make both discoverable.

Apple seems to allow just turning on the pair-to device and then turning BT off then on on the iPhone.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

That's still putting the items in pairing mode because you have to do a specific process.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

A lot of folks forget that some devices have to be made discoverable, and not just tap "search for devices" to make the pairing process work.

0 Likes