poor reception on new iphone 6s lost texts and calls
Eightred

Just got the new iphone 6s last week.

Consistently only have 2 or 3 bars. Have lost/not received texts and calls.

I have enabled Cellular Data, LTE, and Roaming all on.

Additionally, I am consistently connected to wifi at home and work.

I previously had the 5s for almost 2 years with zero issues.

I see that many others have had these same reception issues with the 6s.

Do I need to go back to the store and exchange my phone?

Is this a hardware or software problem? Verizon or Apple?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: poor reception on new iphone 6s lost texts and calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eightred, I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble with the phone. This is certainly not the experience we want you to have.  We want to make sure there isn’t an issue in the area. What zip code are you located in? Do you find this trouble indoors or outdoors as well? Where was the phone purchased, in a Verizon or Apple store?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Eightred

As I stated I did not have these issues with my 5s. Always had great reception.

So the issue is with the 6s. Not my location.

1) 02860

2) Both

3) Verizon store, Providence Place Mall

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to make sure that you have service Eightred. I want to make sure I rule out any possibilites. Does your phone have the most updated software? How far do you have to go in order for your service to get better? Do you have any cases on the phone? If you do, please remove and test again.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the following option enabled?

Settings > Cellular > Use LTE > "Data and Voice" ?

Try setting this to Data only to see if there is any improvement. If it's not set, change it to Data and Voice in case the LTE signal provides more consistent results (common in markets where the 3G is overloaded, or where there is a large amount of LTE Micro Cells).

Also, make sure you are signed into iMessage and Facetime. iPhone users might be sending you messages using these services, which queue up on Apple's end.

0 Likes