problems trading in multiple iPhone 11 for iPhone 13- Verizon Unlimited promo
BeHen

My family had three iPhone 11 with T-Mobile, and decided to take advantage of the "switch to Verizon Unlimited and trade in your iPhone 11 for iPhone 13 for free" promo. We bought the new phones at Best Buy on Sunday and got them activated, and today I went on Verizon's website to process the trade-ins.

The first phone, a green iPhone 11, came up at the correct trade-in price of $800. When I added the second phone, a black iPhone 11, the black phone came up at $800, but the green phone dropped down to a $215 trade-in price. When I added the third phone, a purple iPhone 11, the black phone still came up at $800 trade-in, but the green phone dropped down to $195 and the purple was only $107.50.

The live chat people said to contact customer service. Customer service said they'll fix it after they get my phones. I don't really feel comfortable proceeding with the trade-ins with the value showing up wrong like this. There's nothing wrong with our iPhone 11s and I would definitely not part with any of them for under $200. All of them should be $800 for this trade-in deal. I'm not sure how to best complete these trade-ins now. 

0 Likes
Re: problems trading in multiple iPhone 11 for iPhone 13- Verizon Unlimited promo
BeHen

As per my original post, I bought three iPhone 13 during the "switch to Verizon Unlimited and get iPhone 13 free when you trade in your iPhone 11" deal. I should've been given three credits of $800 for the phones. When I went to set up the trade-ins online, the estimated trade-in prices were much lower than $800. I checked with customer service and explained the situation and they said the prices would be fixed after the fact.

I was still concerned about sending in my iPhone 11 phones and posted on this forum, and then chatted with Verizon and they said the same thing: disregard the estimate on the trade-in, the prices will be fixed after. 

I did a chat with Verizon again on 12/21 after I got notifications that my trade-ins were completed at the wrong amount. I was told that Best Buy entered the wrong deal and did a Buy One Get One promo instead of the "get iPhone 13 free when you trade in iPhone 11" promo. I pointed out that I contacted Verizon twice regarding my estimated trade-in amounts being wrong, and both times they said not to worry, that the prices would be fixed after the fact. At no point did anyone say that my account was set up with a different promo and that I wouldn't be getting any credit for the third phone. I would not have sent them all three phones if I had known. 

Alicia in the chat said that they fixed everything so that I'd be receiving the $800 promo for all three devices. That was on 12/21. My December bill showed credits of $111 and $195. And two of the phones have been getting credits of about $33.33 each month. That is a far cry from three $800 credits. I feel like I'm getting cheated here. 

0 Likes
Re: problems trading in multiple iPhone 11 for iPhone 13- Verizon Unlimited promo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of ensuring you receive the proper credits for your traded devices. Let's enter our secure chat to review your account. 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here: http://spr.ly/6000K4goE

-Tanisha

0 Likes