service agreement
jazzman681950

if phones are paid for is insurance needed

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: service agreement
deloused
Master - Level 3

It's never required to carry phone insurance, but it can come in handy for people for piece of mind, as the out of pocket deductible would be much less than purchasing a new one outright.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. When you purchase a new device it is not required to add insurance onto the line, however we would recommend it. Having insurance does save you money from having to purchase a brand new device if something were to happen to your phone. Click here to learn more about our insurance: http://spr.ly/65858uOCd .

YeseniaV_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
StunnaBella
Enthusiast - Level 3

like what deloused said. thats why ihave an insurance for that but its your choice to have it or not. since the phones are expensive itself.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As yourself if you can afford to replace the phone at full retail if something happens before you pay your phone off (if you're on device payment plan). If the answer is no then you may want to consider it. If you generally are able to go without any big accidents (cracked screens or other damage for example) then maybe self financing is the route to go. Instead of paying Verizon monthly for insurance you can pay yourself in a phone fund...if needed you can use that money towards repairs or replacement. If not, you can use that money towards your next upgrade or continue letting the fund grow. That's what I usually did. I only recently opted to buy AppleCare + with my iPhone 7 Plus simply because I like the benefits and I intend to pass the phone down to my youngest son whenever I choose to upgrade again. So if that's within a year like I've done the last few years it will give him a year of coverage that otherwise wouldn't exist. And his a teenager so the risk of issues increase lol

0 Likes