silent mode not working with verizon messaging app?
mmoritz

I just switched from an android phone to an iPhone.  I used the verizon messaging before with great results.  On the iPhone the silent mode doesn't work with the texts.  I have looked at every which way to fix this but to no avail.  When you are in an appt, short of turning the phone off, is there another way to mute the texts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: silent mode not working with verizon messaging app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly appreciate those details as we want to ensure you're not inconvenienced by an alert during a meeting. May I ask which version of the iPhone you're currently using? Does Do Not Disturb stop notifications from coming through? ( Settings > Do not Disurb ) You may want to set as Silence, "Only while iPhone is locked"
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The manual silent switch on the side of the phone doesn't keep it quiet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mmoritz

Nope, it keeps everything else quiet except for the texts.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well that isn't good. I would suggest sending an email to the application developers letting them know about this bug. I would also check the application settings to see if there is a way to change the ringtone for the application. It might also be in the phone's ringtone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly appreciate those details as we want to ensure you're not inconvenienced by an alert during a meeting. May I ask which version of the iPhone you're currently using? Does Do Not Disturb stop notifications from coming through? ( Settings > Do not Disurb ) You may want to set as Silence, "Only while iPhone is locked"
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mmoritz

I'm not sure what is different, but now the button on the side is working to silent the texts.  IDK?

0 Likes