so sick of my iphone 6
sheadsx3

I have an iPhone 6 that has to be restored or updated at least 4 times a month! I can not figure out why but at least once a week I go to use my phone and all I see is the Apple symbol and then I see a picture of a phone charger and a message that says connect to itunes. I then have to connect my phone to my home computer and attempt to update it but if it doesnt let me update then I have to restore to factory settings at which point I lose all of my photos and videos. I cannot understand why I have to do this so frequently If at all! The phone was purchased brand new and it is about a year old I have had to do this every week for the last 6 months. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any tips on how to solve it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: so sick of my iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're always here for support. May we ask if your device was backed up via type of cloud storage?

0 Likes
sheadsx3

No it's not. I had an itunes account that I closed because I had $400.00 in unauthorized charges to my debit card (because it was linked to my iTunes account). Apparently I was purchasing stuff and was not even aware of it!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Why did you wait?   Apple is great about warranty service.  You are covered for the first year unless you extend with Apple care policy.

IF the problem is manufacturer defect Apple would replace your phone.

If caused by physical damage, you would not be covered under warranty, do you have insurance?

Have you been in touch with Apple about your iTunes account?  Recovering your purchases by changing your Apple ID and password?

0 Likes
sheadsx3

Now that I think about it I just got this phone in June of 2015. So I guess I need to take it to Verizon and see about getting it replaced? I know it's not physical damage the phone looks great on the outside it just won't work on the inside! I  waited because I wasn't aware of the warranty. I Actually am not very computer savvy. I have been told by coworkers that the problem is due to the fact that my phone is not backed up with iTunes do you think that can be the issue?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your coworkers may have a point.

I would deal directly with Apple for tech support, service and replacement if needed.  No carrier is allowed to touch Apple products, it would void your warranty.

You do need an iTunes account for iCloud backup or backup to a computer.  Bring you old information for iTunes , passwords, etc to the Genius Bar.  They can help you recover your old account and purchases, I hope.  They can also show you how to secure your account so no one else has access and you can prevent purchases.

Start here, to set up appointment.  Contact Apple Support

sheadsx3

Thank you so much for your help. I am going to check the Apple support website now! If that doesn't work then I will go to an Apple store for assistance. Thanks again

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your welcome.  Please post results as it may help another with the same problem. 

0 Likes