text messages
LadyBug879

My iphone 8 is not receiving texts from android phones. It was working fine on Monday, then Tuesday it will not work. I can receive texts from androids and if they are in a group text with other iphones I can send and receive texts. I have tried rebooting my phone, I updated my iOS, I did a network reset, turned SMS off and back on, and even reset my phone all to no avail. I have 2 other lines on my account and neither one is having this issue. Any one else have this?

0 Likes
Re: text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is quite an interesting situation with your texts, LadyBug879. You certainly have tried some great steps and shared useful information. To help narrow things down a bit more, we have a couple questions. When this Android user texts the others in the group individually, what happens? Has the Android user noticed similar issues when texting other iPhone users? Do you have this issue with multiple Android users or just one?  -George

0 Likes
alandh1961

I am also having 5A issues my ISP and I have gone over the firewall and port rules and I dont see anything blocking traffic I even added a port assignment to port 52428 & 20906 but I still get this 5A error would appreciate more help than I got on the phone!!!!!

0 Likes
LadyBug879

It is multiple android users and none of them are have problems receiving or sending to other iphones. In fact the other lines on my account are able to text to same android users I am trying to with no problems. The problem is I cannot send texts to android users by themselves, if they are in a group text with other iphones I can respond as text but not one on one. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, we know how important it is to get this matter resolved.  As phone users ourselves, we know that most people converse via texts these days, so this needs to be fixed as soon as possible.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can delve deeper into this? *Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us via this platform, LadyBug879. I totally understand your concern and I am here to help in any way possible. Did you recently get a new phone?-Dia

0 Likes