Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
text photos
AREND

I cant send or receive photos in text message to any phones but iphones. I have an iphone 6s. how do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text photos
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the phone set up to send as SMS if iMessages is not available?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AREND

Yes it is set to send as SMS if iMessage is not available.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need a 4G LTE network connection to send MMS messages with photos over the cellular network 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AREND

I have a 4GLTE network. I can text pictures to iPhones but not to noniOS devices. My wife has an iPhone 6 (mine is 6s) on the same network plan as mine and she has no problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
AREND

my phone prior to the iPhone was a basic LG flip phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great. Let's keep checking settings. Do you have Group Messages on? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207135/

When was the last time a picture was successfully sent to a non-iPhone? 

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AREND

I can send group messages. Turning group messages on or off has had no effect on ability to send pictures to non iPhone. I haven’t been able to send pics to non iPhone since I got the phone about a year ago, and I never tried with the old LG flip phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification, AREND. I'm wondering if your text messages were blocked on the account. iPhones have a pretty cool feature with iMessage which enables you to message other iPhone users even if text messages are blocked on the account. 

Have you checked the features on your account to see if text messaging is blocked http://spr.ly/6585DZfsB?

I will send you a Direct Message in order to get more details. 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes