trying to switch over a 4s
lakecabin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have an older droid, My husband bought me a 4s from a friend.  we took it to a verizon store to switch it over to me and they could not connect it.  The phone has my apple id and works great as a ipod or internet access but no phone.  Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: trying to switch over a 4s
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Was it a Verizon phone (was the friend a Verizon customer)? The store didn't tell you why they couldn't activate it?

0 Likes
lakecabin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes it was a verizon phone and he never switched it to another carrier.  we took it to a speciallty shop and they said they had seen this before with the 4s and didnt know how to connect it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The only time I've been aware of their being an issue activating a used phone is if the line the phone was originally tied to still owed money so it's been blacklisted, it's been reported stolen, or it's not the right model for the carrier. You might want to try calling CS to help activate. I can't rememeber if that model has a SIM card but if it does you may need a new sim card for it to activate. You can get that from Verizon (a corporate store or call CS) if your current phone doesn't use the same size SIM card.

lakecabin
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks will try again:)

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Just noticed you said you had a droid. I think you need to contact an actual Verizon corporate store or customer service so you can get a SIM card for your account.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

And this is how you can activate on your own once you get a SIM card (that's if you don't have the store do it for you). http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-activate-apple-iphone-4s-new/

0 Likes
lakecabin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just spoke to my husband he said they told him there is a bug in the phone that makes it think it was switched to another carrier even though is wasnt. Any idea how to get rid of the bug?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Never heard of that before. Tried doing a quick search and can't find any mention of it anywhere on the Internet either. Try going to a true Verizon store or calling customer service. Also if you live near an Apple Store you might be able to see if they can offer any advice. I still think the issue is the fact that the current SIM card in the phone is tied to the original owners account. You need one that is tied to your account.

0 Likes