two phones one account issue
kthompson2

I have one apple account and two phones. One is mine and one is my wife's. If someone calls my number her phone rings as well. We do not want or need another apple id as we rarely make purchases, don't use the cloud, don't use e mail on the phone, and are totally confused as to why my Verizon account needs to have anything to do with our Apple account. How do we stop this annoyance?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: two phones one account issue
mama23dogs
Legend

AN Apple ID is required for iPhones to function.  You should each have your own apple id for your phone and to sync and save your information with iCloud. 

YOu can stop the problem immediately by opening settings and turning off FaceTime calls and un checking the Apple ID for messages.

0 Likes
kthompson2

I'll turn off the FaceTime as we don't use it either. Like I said in we do not use the cloud and so do not want two apple ids

I would still like to know why Verizon needs to be linked to my apple id.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's not Verizon that needs to be linked to your Apple ID. It's your iPhone. Verizon has no connection to your Apple ID and can't access it or any info attached to your ID.

mama23dogs
Legend

That is correct.  Your Apple ID is used by your phone to sync your contact list, calendar, email, send and receive iMessage and FaceTime calls, Find my iPhone, backup and restore the contents of your phone to iCloud  as well as purchase items from iTunes.   It also syncs Pages documents, notes and many other applications.

Each person should have their own Apple /iCloud ID and password.

Apple has Family Sharing, which allows several people to make purchases under one credit card, with their own Apple ID.  All the purchases are shared.

If you backup to iCloud you are sharing the 5gb of free storage Apple provides.  With individual Apple ID you both get your own 5GB of storage in iCloud

0 Likes