upgrading my daughters phone which is under my account
Jillgarrison

If my 19 year old daughter's phone is under my plan, can she take her phone to a Verizon store and get a new phone or do I have to do it since I am the account holder?  Thanks

Jill

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: upgrading my daughters phone which is under my account
rcschnoor
Legend

If you designate her as an account manager in your MyVerizon account, she should be able to make the purchase without you. If you have created a billing password, she will have to have it. Possibly the last 4 digits of your SS#, too.

Keep in mind, if you give her this authority, you will have to live with any purchasing/plan decisions she makes. All too often I see on these forums people coming on to complain when someone makes changes to their account even though they had already given that person the authority to do so.

It is YOUR account. YOU are responsible for it. Think carefully before YOU give someone else the authority to make changes which you may or may not agree with on YOUR account. Once the changes are made you may not be able to change back to what you already had.

View solution in original post

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The legal account holder is required to sign all of the contract information. So both you and your daughter must go.  

Weth
Legend

Based on some of the stories we have heard here with children and sales people, you want to go with her!

rcschnoor
Legend

If you designate her as an account manager in your MyVerizon account, she should be able to make the purchase without you. If you have created a billing password, she will have to have it. Possibly the last 4 digits of your SS#, too.

Keep in mind, if you give her this authority, you will have to live with any purchasing/plan decisions she makes. All too often I see on these forums people coming on to complain when someone makes changes to their account even though they had already given that person the authority to do so.

It is YOUR account. YOU are responsible for it. Think carefully before YOU give someone else the authority to make changes which you may or may not agree with on YOUR account. Once the changes are made you may not be able to change back to what you already had.